Buyer - Health & Beauty
Buyer- Health & Beauty
London Head Office, Houndsditch
An excellent opportunity for someone looking for a great launch into their buying career, ideally with some buying, retail or commercial admin experience
We currently have an exciting position for a talented Assistant Buyer to join our Health & Beauty team based in our Travel Head Office in London. This is a fast paced, innovative environment and we are looking for a pro-active, motivated and commercially aware individual with previous experience within a Buying role.
In this position you will be responsible for supporting the Buyer to drive sales and ensure maximum profitability for this key category. In return, you will become part of an energetic Travel Retail team working alongside our skilled and experienced buyers.
What you’ll be doing:
• Full responsibility of selected suppliers and sub categories of H&B with regards to sales, margin, income and joint business plans
• Build and maintain strong relationships with given suppliers to drive sales and total profitability
• Improving margin through generating income and working through cost price negotiations
• Work with the supply chain team to ensure all lines are delivered on time and in full
• Undertaking of in depth analysis of sales and margin to understand the trading position
• Generating new ideas, understanding market trends and new brands to continue to grow and innovate the category
• Leading projects to trial new concepts in store
What we are looking for:
• Previous experience within a UK fast paced buying role is essential; exposure to FMCG would prove advantageous
• Experience of far east sourcing would prove advantageous
• Highly articulate and engaging communication style
• Entrepreneurial and very creative
• Ability to interact cross functionally and manage expectations
• Commercial acumen with excellent numerical and analytical capability
• Confidence to challenge, influence and persuade suppliers
• Previous experience of managing margins and sales
• Excellent IT literacy including Excel and the ability to pick up bespoke systems quickly
• Proven track record of delivering Supplier income
• Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally within a business or retail-related discipline would prove advantageous
You’ll be at of the hub of an incredibly fast-moving function and you’ll be trusted to make decisions that benefit the business. It’s a serious responsibility – which will seriously motivate you. You’ll thrive on the freedom and the chance to use your skills and will be supported with plenty of training and development opportunities.
What we can offer you:
Annual bonus based on company performance
Hybrid working model from home and in the office
24 days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
Finish at 4pm on a Friday
Competitive pension contribution
Staff discount card for stores and online
WHSmith is a leading, global travel retailer with a smaller business located on UK high streets. Since 1792, we’ve grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey, both in life and through life. Today, we have more than 1700 stores in over 30 countries across the globe, serving millions of customers every year, and you’ll find us at airports, railway stations, hospitals and on the high street.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and basis of disability. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.