Finance and Operations Coordinator - hybrid working
Finance and Operations Coordinator
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
Partnerships for Forests works to protect tropical forests by partnering with local businesses and organisations to create products from the forest that will achieve better returns than deforestation. We also work with industries such as timber, palm oil, soy, beef and paper to improve the sustainability of these products. It is an 8-year programme implemented by Palladium and partners, and jointly funded by the UK Government Department for Foreign Commonwealth and Overseas Development and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with an expected end date of 2023. We have teams in the UK, Ghana, Ethiopia, Brazil, South-East Asia and Colombia.
For more information please visit www.partnershipsforforests.com
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Finance and Operations coordinator to provide Maternity Cover, supporting the Project Manager and HR Manager with day to day running of the programme.
The role is offered at 32 or 40 hours per week, based out of our Bristol or London UK offices, with hybrid-remote working possible.
Your role will be key in supporting the financial management of the programme, and management of the large global team. This position will report to the HR Manager but work in close collaboration with the Project Manager and other members of the project team.
Updating the project budget, by collecting reports from the company’s financial system and supporting the Project Manager in review and analysis of data
-Coordinating financial sign off and approval processes, including payments to suppliers and financial invoicing
- Updating the project’s finance tools and documentation
-Working with the Project Manager to complete monthly financial reporting, including forecasting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting field office financial management (review of funding requests from field offices, supporting field office spending reports)
-Supporting the annual programme audit
- Supporting the Project Manager with project risk reporting and monitoring
- Planning and coordinating travel, events, and other programme activities
- Procuring IT equipment
- Carrying out supplier and consultant procurements, including conducting due diligence and contracting
Team Development and Management
- Monitoring and drafting project staff contracts and contract amendments
- Payroll reconciliation for staff in regional offices
- Tracking staff leave
- Support the HR Manager with staff recruitment
- Coordinate monthly HR clinics
- Coordinate due diligence, contracting and onboarding procedures for new staff
Ad-hoc tasks as reasonably requested by the Project Manager and HR Manager
We are looking for someone who has experience in similar coordination, or operational roles, who is confident handling financial data and completing administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will be task focused and is motivated by running efficient and effective procedures. You need to be detail orientated, and able to multi-task, but also good with people and understanding of international contexts. You must be an independent worker due to many of our team members working remotely.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative/co-ordinator position
- Strong organisational skills and careful attention to detail
- Acumen to analyse and interpret operational and financial data;
- Confidence interacting with the Company systems, including the Company’s Entreprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Specific experience with ERP systems is not required but a level of comfort interacting with new systems will be necessary.
- An ‘execution’ mindset and the ability to learn quickly
- Integrity to hold yourself and other staff accountable to Palladium’s Code of Conduct.
- Commitment to consistently delivering high-quality deliverables, big or small.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Outlook
- An interest in environmental issues
- Strong communication skills and adaptability to communicate with different audiences
- The ability to effectively work with team members from diverse backgrounds; and will be a 'people person'
We would like you to be able to meet with the Project Management team in our Bristol office on occasion, and to be able to attend either our London or Bristol office on an agreed regular basis. We are happy to consider requests for flexible working to enable you to balance your work and home commitments.
There may also be an opportunity to travel to our overseas offices. These can be discussed at interview.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
More searches like this
- Accountancy, Banking, Finance Part Time Flexible working available Contract jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Administration, Secretarial & PA Part Time Flexible working available Contract jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Customer Service & Call Centres Part Time Flexible working available Contract jobs in Bristol (City Centre)