Investment Accounting - Assistant Manager
- You'll support the team through preparation of statutory accounts and analytical reviews of financial statements.
- As an assistant manager, we would like you to analytically review the interim and annual Report and Accounts for our 11 Open-Ended Investment Companies, whilst providing critical reviews of our other regulatory and statutory reporting requirements.
- In addition, supporting the production of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory results for the ACD Companies, including annual Accounts production and assisting in the preparation of Board papers.
- You'll be co-ordinating and delivering key quarterly Regulatory and Industry outputs; maintaining key relationships with external suppliers, auditors and internal business partners.
- The role also requires preparation of monthly dividend instructions, the processing of company payments and dealing with general business queries.
Do you have these skills?
- Previous Investment Accounting experience and knowledge of the Investment Association's SORP would be a preference but not compulsory.
- Typically, you would be a qualified or part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). Alternatively, you could have the same level of expertise, acquired through substantial experience in an investment or general accounting function.
- Knowledge of Fusion and GDRS systems would be an advantage, but not essential as there will be training provided.
Key Behaviours to help deliver the role:
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours; Assist with the implementation of robust processes aligned to short term business objectives.
- Handle and minimise operational risks by operating complex reconciliation and control processes; Establish and form relationships and build links with partners to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions.
- Proactively oversight and handle activity delivered by third party fund accounting service providers and auditors; Effectively work within and maintain internal networks for the purpose of optimising business results.
- Support agreed change projects to deliver continuous improvement.
You'll have scope to plan and prioritise your own workload, including liaison with colleagues in other functions. The role will require influence up to Grade F (Senior Manager level). You'll be assisting with the management of sophisticated processes in terms of scale, scope and specialism with a cross-divisional impact and be a recognised subject matter expert.
The role has no line management responsibilities but as an assistant manager we encourage self-leadership on specific areas of work to achieve common goals.
You'll have exposure to multiple areas of the Insurance & Wealth business, and also the wider Banking Group. This provides an excellent opportunity for personal development, career progression, and a chance to make a real difference to the way Finance operates.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, interacting with a wide range of senior colleagues, want to improve your understanding of the investment business and have a desire to continually improve and innovate in a collaborative fashion, you'll be well suited to the role.
And in return:
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential. As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!