Merchandiser - International
Merchandiser - International
London Head Office, Houndsditch (with hybrid remote working)
Salary upto 33k (DOE) + car allowance + additional benefits
WHSmith is a leading, global travel retailer for the world’s travelling customer. Since 1792, we’re proud to have grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust on their journey.
Today, we have more than 1,700 stores in over 30 countries across the globe, serving millions of customers every year. In the UK, you’ll find us at airports, railway stations, hospitals and at motorway service areas. Making our customers' journeys easier is our passion. Whether they're travelling by air, by foot, by road or by train, we are there for them. As one of the world's leading travel retailers, we are the trusted home for travel essentials in the UK and it's how we support the millions of journeys made each year.
As a diverse group of over fourteen thousand colleagues, our people and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. And we know to succeed on our own journey, we need the best people. We are currently seeking a Merchandiser to join our International team based in our Head Office in London to work cross functionally and deliver through others to manage range reviews, range management and range analysis processes whilst managing stock within agreed open to buy limits.
What you’ll be doing:
• Manage the range review process and critical path
• Range planning and analysis, attendance at range build
• Exit, Quality of Stock and recall management
• Day to day Open to Buy management
• Input into creation of cost, quality and availability of stock targets
• People management responsibility (where applicable)
• Manage and report on intake to sales/return to sales and stock turn
• DC planning, throughput, communication & relationship management
• Manage range size within agreed parameters
What we are looking for:
• Recent relevant experience within a merchandising role, ideally in retail of FMCG environment
• Experience of using in-house stock, forecast and product management systems (i.e. TRMS, Teradata, SQL’s).
• Highly analytical and numerate
• Strong attention to detail
• Advanced excel skills with experience using Pivot Tables, V Look ups, Data manipulation
• Proven experience of winning negotiations, whilst maintaining strong relationships
• Ability to handle conflict/ difficult situations
Why Join Us?
You’ll be at of the hub of an incredibly fast-moving function and you’ll be trusted to make decisions that benefit the business. It’s a serious responsibility – which will seriously motivate you. You’ll thrive on the freedom and the chance to use your skills and will be supported with plenty of training and development opportunities. What’s more, you can expect some fab rewards, including an achievable annual bonus, 25 days’ holiday (and the option to buy more), pension, the perks of your birthday off and an early finish on Fridays, and lots more! Our London Head Office in Houndsditch is only a five minute walk from Liverpool Street and Aldgate tube and close to lots of shops, bars and restaurants!