We are looking for a new Operations Manager to lead the operational and service delivery of a Non Profit organisation, overseeing multiple contracts from initiation phase to completion and aligning service delivery with organisational values.
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Edgbaston (hybrid) with the ability to travel across the West Midlands as required
Hours: Full time 37 hours per week (flexible working)
Salary: £40,500 - £44,000 per annum
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, hybrid working where the role allows, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th July
Interview Date: 27th and 29th July.
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for budget management – management of multiple contract budgets, which are anticipated to reach approximately 1 million.
Your role will include management of managers, each responsible for service delivery, so there will be a need to combine a clear and results focused approach with the necessary innovation, support and performance management.
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) there will be a need to assist in setting organisational tone and ethos, contribute to external marketing, communications and directing internal communications, whilst contributing to the strategic development of the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deputise for the Chief Executive
- Contribute to the development of the organisation’s strategy and business plan
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the operational aspects of the organisation’s business plan
- Lead the service delivery team
- Set and monitor performance targets and lead on performance reporting
- Responsible for the implementation of new contracts
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with commissioners and other partners and be responsible for the ongoing renegotiation of contracts
- Lead and oversee the Management Team’s resource planning, ensuring that they identify the capacity needed for effective service delivery
- Oversee the office management/administration function
- Ensure the effective maintenance of the organisations systems and processes and work with our IT, Health and Safety, HR providers (and others) to develop appropriate solutions to the organisations needs
- Lead on identifying and resolving any contract performance issues
As Operations Manager, you will have experience in a similar role within the health sector or third sector, with strong senior management skills.
You will have experience of:
- Implementing contracts and then overseeing services to ensure their successful operational delivery
- Handling of varied HR issues and proactive performance management
- Achieving targets and outcomes
- Building successful links and relationships with a range of partner organisations and commissioning bodies
- Budget management
About the Organisation
A leading provider of services to the health and social care sector, with the aim is to reduce inequalities in learning, employment and health. As an employer the organisation is proud to offer a range of benefits to our staff including provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
You may also have experience in areas such as Director of Operations, Head of Operations, Service Manager, Service Lead, Head of Service, Operations Manager, Deputy CEO, Deputy Director, Operations and Service Manager, Director of Operations and Service, Head of HR and Operations, Head of HR, HR Director, HR and Operations Manager, Operations Lead, Operations Manager, Deputy Operations Manager, Senior Operations Manager.