Data Protection & IP Legal Lawyer Grade E
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
If you're interested in upskilling in the area of data privacy, IP and brand protection and, taking on a role with significant engagement with senior stakeholders and involvement in key projects and new business propositions which are central to the Group's strategy, then please come and join the Data Protection & IP Legal team.
Could you help us make this possible?
You will join a highly collaborative team to advise business and Risk partners primarily on data protection matters as they may arise in any area of the LBG business. You will also be supporting our Brand Protection team in their work to protect the identity and integrity of the LBG brands. You will also be involved in managing relationships with external legal counsel as well as helping to train and develop other LBG colleagues in this area of ever-increasing importance.
In this varied, fast-paced role you will:
- provide enabling, strategic and commercial legal advice and influential insight to our business and Risk stakeholders across Group and in Legal & Secretariat on data protection and brand matters as they arise in the context of:
- Data Protection: new business propositions; marketing and data analytics; AI, Machine Learning and Automated Decision-Making; M&A projects; commercial contracts; incident management; data sharing with third parties; financial crime initiatives; individual rights requests; HR issues; data claims & complaints; international data transfers; and
- Brand Protection: supporting the Brand Protection team and working with our external advisers in the protection and enforcement of our brand IP rights, particularly through managing our trade mark portfolio, monitoring potential infringement of our trade marks, and advising on trade mark enforcement action.
- Support work which is fundamental to the Group's strategy, particularly to grow our business and focus on our existing business.
- Work closely with our business and Risk stakeholders in the identification, assessment, and mitigation of data privacy and brand legal risks.
- Support the Data Protection & IP Legal team's knowledge sharing and training activities, including participating in the monthly Data Virtual Legal Team and updating senior stakeholders on key developments as they happen.
- Work collaboratively with our key stakeholders, particularly those in the Chief Customer Office, Group Data Protection Office, Chief Data & Analytics Office and teams from across the Legal & Secretariat Community.
What we'll need from you:
- Applicants must be a fully qualified lawyer with a current practising certificate for a UK jurisdiction or equivalent legal qualification.
- A keen interest in data protection is essential - previous data protection experience is preferable but not required.
- Collaborative, adaptable and a good team player.
- Experienced in delivering enabling, high quality legal advice to multiple business areas and projects, and balancing competing demands.
- Strong commercial awareness with a customer focused approach.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills together with a pro-active approach to interacting with stakeholders and building your internal network with business and risk partners.
- Confident in providing constructive challenge and giving a view.
What you'll get in return...
You will work in a team that is passionate about delivering high quality, specialist legal advice to the business and Risk stakeholders across the Group. You will work in a fast-paced area of legal and regulatory development and will get a fantastic opportunity to develop transferable skills and deepen your understanding of data privacy and brand protection.
This is a very collaborative role and there will be significant engagement with Chief Data and Analytics Office, Group Data Protection Office, Chief Customer Office as well as legal colleagues from across the Legal Community. The team is very supportive and you will be given guidance and on-the-job training as you meet our stakeholders and develop in this specialist area.
Together we make it possible