Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering CoE (Centre of Excellence) at Lloyds Banking Group is looking for experienced and passionate Senior Software Engineers (Application Developer / DevOps) environment. Base salary: £57,861 - £98,423 (dependent on experience), plus benefits listed below.
About Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
Who are the Software Engineering Centre of Excellence?
We're a group of people pulled together by our passion for coding, experimenting, designing and learning everything that makes us better engineers, and we're relentless in putting our skills and passion at the service of our customers. This is your chance to transform the way financial services are built and delivered to customers by creating outstanding technology in the UK's leading organisation.
What would you get involved with?
As our goal is to be a catalyst for change, our team is mainly focused on accelerating adoption of modern engineering practices: Cloud, Open Source, DevOps, SRE, CI/CD, etc…
We have 3 core missions:
- Code Craft - Bring our engineering community together to define, embrace and evolve the common set of principles that make up great software.
- Open Source - Redefining the way we Consume, Contribute and Publish Open Source.
- Cloud Ready - Help the organization reap the full benefits of cloud.
As an engineering centric team, we have fair degree of autonomy about what we work on, and we strive to dedicate our effort on the most impactful work.
We generally engage in two broad categories of work:
- Vertical: We work alongside other teams to provide support and guidance on how to accelerate their transformation.
- Horizontal: We leverage the experience matured in the Vertical work to build or share existing cross cutting tools and practices that can be used by any team in the organisation.
What we're looking for - what do you need to be considered for this job?
We welcome people from a range of role backgrounds but do need to see the following as a minimum for consideration:
- Experience of working in a cloud environment (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS) is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good communicator with technical and non-technical people.
Oh, and if you have exposure to the following that would be ideal, but please still apply if you don't. Desirable experience:
- Containers, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code.
- Proficiency in Shell scripting and an awareness of security considerations.
Together we make it possible. Lloyds Banking Group vision is to be the best bank for customer and to realize it we have the mission to make it the best bank for Engineers!
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression. We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a great remuneration package which includes a variable, discretionary performance share bonus, a generous pension contribution of up to 15%, a 4% flexible benefit (cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle), private health cover, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and access to share schemes and staff discounts.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform key job functions.
Are you interested in joining our team? Apply today!