QA Test Lead
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
The Sky Production Platform team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Test Lead Engineer. The QA Lead Engineer should have a background in both manual and automated testing, they will be required to use standard industry tools to test development and execute automated tests on large-scale cloud-hosted applications and client API's to ensure product quality.Content technology and innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.What you'll do:
- Create and perform standard release regression test verification to confirm successful code deployments
- Design and review testcases and be able to use your own initiative to make valuable contributions to the current test pack for testing the applications to the core
- Perform regression, smoke and sanity testing on a suite of integrated application
- Manage the creation, updates and status of issues detected during the test execution phase
- Report Test execution status to Platform Managers to ensure that all project deliverables are appropriately verified and approved before deployments
- Translate functional requirements into test scripts and implement as required.
- Assist the development / engineering teams with estimating, prioritising and planning.
- Act as a champion of quality within the team, highlighting risks and needs when implementing products and services.
- Experience in Quality Assurance processes and Test management tools e.g. Test Rails, Quality Center, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience of testing GUIs, APIs and SDKs across multiple platforms
- Solid background in manual and automated testing.
- Familiarity with at least one test automation framework and programming/scripting language.
- Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git.
- Detailed understanding of agile development methods.
- Knowledge of modern delivery methodologies such as CI/CD.
- Quick to pick up new technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to contribute to the continuous improvement of the QA function with team
- Media, Broadcast or OTT industry experience an advance
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
The world has changed. And so have we. We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home.
You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.Your office space Osterley
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.