About the Role:
You’ll work as part of a fast-paced warehouse team. Your priorities will vary between environments, working with precision to ensure the accurate and timely receipt and storage of stock, and the picking/packing and despatch of stock to our branches and customers.
Maintaining a clean and tidy work area, you will ensure effective communication is maintained with Team Managers and colleagues alike, raising issues of concern when necessary. You will need to be flexible and respond to the needs of the business, working in other departments when requested including additional hours and supporting other warehouse departments when necessary.
To be a successful Warehouse Operative you will:
- Work to measured and detailed work specifications, ensure a timely and smooth flow of goods through the warehouse.
- Maintain a performance of 85% and above on a daily basis whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Ensure a flexible and common sense approach to Health & Safety notifying Team Managers and/or other staff members of any type of hazard which cannot be dealt with by the post holder.
- Ensure through good communication and personal example that the objectives of the Next Safety Document are fully understood.
- Ensure any accident or near miss is reported immediately to a Team Manager
- Carry out basic housekeeping duties within work areas.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures in place ensuring that standards are maintained at all times.
- Promote and participate in Fun, Fair and Reward activities within your department or on site.
- Participate in and encourage idea generation to benefit departments through STPs in line with Target Zero.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload often working to tight timescales
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to work under pressure in a variety of different roles/departments
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Demonstrate basic numeracy and literacy skills
Head over to our careers website and apply today!
In accordance with Home Office guidance, successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment.