Managing the financial position and supply chain relationships is vital to the success of our projects at Willmott Dixon and we are recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyors to join our team. We are open to candidates who are based in South Wales or the South West.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will provide the commercial support to senior surveying staff on one or a number of projects across our Central South region to ensure that projects are procured, delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations. Making sure that the financial position of our project is accurate is essential and managing the contractual relationships between the various parties is also vital.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist in accurately valuing, certifying and issuing any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract
- Ensuring that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date
- Complete CVC reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection
- Strive to build and establish excellent working relationships with our supply chain, consultants and clients where appropriate, this will enable you to identify any potential disputes in a timely manner to your line manager and then implement effective resolutions
- Work closely with the project team and senior commercial staff to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project
- Procurement experience
- Experience in re-measurement
- Financial / cost control
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Valid driving licence
- A base understanding of contract law
- Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and specifications.
- Construction related degree.
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded No 1 in the Best "Big" Companies (2022) to work for and already holds the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022. We are the first major contractor and developer to win a King's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.