Willmott Dixon's central finance team are looking to recruit a Qualified accountant/ QBE (qualified by experience accountant) on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. The team are going through an exciting period of change as they work towards implementing a new accounting system and are looking at improving existing processes at the same time whilst continuing to service the ongoing needs of our internal customers.
The central finance team consists of approximately 50 people who are responsible for preparing all management and financial accounting as well as submitting all year end information and the company report to the main Board at Willmott Dixon.
The role of Senior Accountant will involve preparing management accounts as well as ongoing financial reporting. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Being part of a team going through an exciting period of change, reviewing current processes / finding efficiencies whilst we work toward moving across to Dynamics365.
- Supporting each other in the finance team to gain experience on a wide range of topics, often having to deal with adhoc requests from senior members of staff / main board.
- Provide a first class customer service to all internal customers, answering queries quickly and accurately.
- Use initiative to solve problems and explore different solutions to a problem.
- Ensure sensitive information remains totally confidential.
- Have an eye for detail to assist with reviewing reports.
- Lead by example for junior members of the team.
- Ensure all tasks are completed by the required deadline.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- You will have an excellent academic record.
- You will have strong experience in both financial and management accounting.
- You will have strong communication skills and previous experience of liaising with non-finance people in senior roles.
- You will have strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office.
- You will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or be suitably qualified through experience.
As this role sits within our finance team, the successful candidate will be asked to complete a DBS check as part of the onboarding process at Willmott Dixon.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
Willmott Dixon has just been awarded No 1 in the Best "Big" Companies (2022) to work for and already holds the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.