Job Title: Motor Claims Handler
Target Start Date: 19th February 2024
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time, Full Time, flexible option available
Salary Range: £22,000 increasing to £25,000 over 30 months
A new year and a new career; we can settle you into your exciting new role from February 2024!
We are looking for resilient, adaptable and motivated individuals who have a confident telephone manner and excellent communication skills. If problem solving and multitasking is something you pride yourself on, then this is the environment for you!
Our Motor Claims department is there to help and support customers who have been involved in accidents, ensuring their claims are handled accurately and efficiently. Our Motor Claims department is a supportive and collaborative environment where you will have ownership of all aspects of a claim, from gathering information from the Policy Holder to engaging with external parties including lawyers, accident management companies and third-party insurers to name a few.
As a Claims Handler, we encourage you to work proactively and be accountable, managing your allocations efficiently and prioritising urgent caseloads. You will be passionate about ensuring the right outcomes for both our customer and for Ageas, gathering evidence needed in order to settle claims in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Salary £22,000 increasing to £25,000 in increments on completion of our 30 months' pay progression scheme.
Your main duties as a Claims Handler are:
- Manage the commencement of motor claims ensuring the customer's requirements and expectations are properly framed and understood.
- Ensure that claims are handled in the correct technical manner, in accordance with policy cover, legal liability, and departmental fraud and ensure compliance with company policy and external regulators.
- Manage clear communications with our customers and a variety of third parties, both verbal and written communication including letter writing.
- Proactive use of the telephone (outbound calling) to engage with external parties in order to move the claim on.
- Proactively manage an allocation of claims alongside dealing with postal and incoming telephony demand.
- Protect claims cost and take ownership of making informed decisions relating to payment of claims, liability, settlement costs and complaints.
- Prioritising claims, ensuring urgent matters are managed efficiently to ensure that we provide customers with a high-quality claims service that strives for excellence and deal in a cost-effective manner.
- Identify the indicators of fraud and use questioning/investigation techniques to decide if the claim can be progressed to payment or repudiation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience you will need in your Claims Handler role:
- Be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail and accuracy to deal effectively with all contacts ranging from the general public through to lawyers.
- The ability to influence and persuade others to your way of thinking.
- Experienced in multitasking and prioritising your own workload with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new systems.
- Experience delivering customer service
- Positive attitude with a flexible and resilient approach to change and teamwork.
- Minimum C Grade in Maths and English - or equivalent.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Claims Handler role:
At Ageas we offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped us achieve, Top Employer status in the UK.
Flexible Working - Smart Working @ Ageas gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it's within the UK) and, for many of our roles, We also offer all our vacancies part-time/job-shares . We also offer a minimum of 35 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
Supporting your Health - Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities - Yoga, Mindfulness.
Supporting your Wealth - Annual Bonus Schemes, Annual Salary Reviews, Competitive Pension, Employee Savings, Employee Loans.
Supporting you at Work - Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
Supporting you and your Family - Maternity/pregnant parent/primary adopter entitlement of 16 weeks' at full pay and paternity/non-pregnant parent/co-adopter at 8 weeks' full pay.
Benefits for Them - Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
Getting Around - Car Salary Exchange, Cycle Scheme, Vehicle Breakdown Cover
Get some Tech - Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
Supporting you back to work - Return to work programme after maternity leave
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
For more information please see Ageas Everyone.