Regional Maintenance Manager
Salary up to £50,000 plus cash/car allowance
Based in Swindon but travelling as needed between various parts of the estate particularly focused on Head office and DC sites in London, Dunstable, Swindon and Birmingham, Taunton and Retail Travel locations in the North from Birmingham to Scotland including Northern Ireland.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Regional Maintenance Manager to be responsible for the Maintenance and Compliance of our estate. This key role will include responsibility for the onsite engineers and contractors in delivering a comprehensive maintenance service driving the highest standards and creating a positive safety culture and environment.
You’ll be at of the hub of an incredibly fast-moving function and you’ll be trusted to make decisions that benefit the business. It’s a serious responsibility – which will seriously motivate you. You’ll thrive on the freedom and the chance to use your skills and will be supported with plenty of training and development opportunities.
- To appoint and manage external Service Providers and Suppliers
- To control and manage maintenance budgets and ensure value for money
- To ensure the estate is maintained to fully comply with all relevant legislation and Landlords requirements
- To carry out refurbishment, minor works and roll out projects and provide technical support to the Construction Team
- Monitor and inspect works and agree accounts
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and deliver maintenance management services to all allocated locations, assessing and prioritising of works to meet business requirements and compliance standards
- Implement a joined-up maintenance management approach across all locations
- Lead a team of 3 Swindon based maintenance engineers / technicians as well as a network of contracted suppliers to deliver maintenance services, setting objectives, planning workload and training, monitoring output quality
- Develop and manage the maintenance budget for your sites to ensure financial targets are achieved.
- Manage and control reactive and planned maintenance contractors ensuring compliance, KPIs and H&S standards are maintained
- Promoting a work safely culture to ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements Managing the shift cover on sites
What we are looking for:
- Nebosh or IOSH
- Facilities Management experience of large / complex buildings
- Maintenance Compliance Management experience
- Experience using Microsoft packages
- Programme/ Project Management experience is desirable
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Budget management
- Good communication and relationship skills particularly contractor management
- Ability to work both autonomously and part of a team
- Flexibility to undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Management experience in a Building or Engineering Maintenance field
- A wide knowledge of Building Services Installations and their associated Plant and Equipment including BMS
- A sound knowledge of Building Fabric Maintenance and building terms and techniques
- A good knowledge of all current Health & Safety and other relevant Legislation and Standards in relation to Building Services
- Be self-motivated, work within a team and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise
- Support a weekend on call rota
What we can offer you:
Cash/Car allowance per annum
Annual bonus based on company performance
Hybrid working model from home and in the office
25 days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
Finish at 4pm on a Friday
Competitive pension contribution
Staff discount card for stores and online
WHSmith has a remarkable heritage and we have occupied our place as the ‘Hub of the High Street’ and in our customers’ hearts for 230 years. Since 1792, we’ve grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust. Today, we have more than 1700 stores in over 30 countries across the globe, serving millions of customers every year, and you’ll find us at airports, railway stations, hospitals and on the high street.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and basis of disability. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.