Job Title: Finance Manager
Type: Part-Time (20-30 hours per week)
Salary: £35000-45000 (Depend on experience)
Location: Remote/Hybrid (offices currently in Wembley)
Premier Medical Centre is a distinguished healthcare institution guided by our core values of Innovation, Teamwork, Education, and Respect. As a teaching practice, we are committed to delivering exceptional healthcare services while nurturing a culture of continuous learning and growth.
Our team at Premier Medical Centre is known for its excellence and dedication to advancing medical knowledge. We are currently seeking a Finance Manager to join our great team, someone who shares our passion for healthcare and our commitment to our core values.
Key Skillsets Needed:
- Good experience in a financial environment previously
- Excellent use and knowledge of Xero
- Excellent understanding of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ideal but not essential would be experience with Fathom
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and work environment – demonstrates flexibility and openness to changing circumstances.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following core duties:
a. Managing the financial operation activity using Xero and other software applications.
b. Use of Fathom to forecast and produce "What-if scenarios."
c. Production, management, and tracking of a budget.
d. Reviewing all income and expenditure statements, identifying any inaccuracies and rectifying such issues, informing the Operations Manager/CEO as required.
e. Processing payments, reconciling invoices, income and receipts, and entering data into accounting software or databases then filing hard copies.
f. Developing monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss, and balance sheets.
g. Tracking KPIs and identifying new metrics that could add extra value to the business.
h. Actioning all invoices and bills as appropriate.
i. Managing employee expense claims.
j. Assisting the CEO and the manager with administrative duties and preparing yearly accounts.
k. Providing insightful financial information and data to the senior leadership team.
l. Reviewing financial data to produce monthly quarterly reports.
m. Ensuring invoices are paid within the given time frame.
n. Responsible for running payroll and ensuring its accuracy.
o. Responsible for ensuring appropriate ledger coding for payroll.
p. Ensuring the presentation of monthly financial reports is of a high standard.
q. Presenting financial forecasts to partners on a quarterly basis.
r. Ensuring that effective financial controls are in place and processes are adhered to.
s. Understanding and briefing the management team on the financial implications of contract and legislation changes affecting the practice.
t. Ensuring any relevant Taxes such as VAT are invoiced and expensed as appropriate.
u. Organising and ensuring the accuracy of any VAT claim on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (preferred).
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or similar role.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, especially Xero and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of healthcare finance and NHS accounting (preferred).
If you are a finance professional looking to make a meaningful impact in the healthcare industry and be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, we invite you to consider joining Premier Medical Centre. Together, we can continue to shape the future of healthcare and make a positive difference in the lives of our patients and the community we serve.