Friday 01 December 2023Salary Range
£85,255 - £155,465We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
.Job DescriptionJob Title:
Senior Software Engineer Salary:
£85,255 - £100,300Location:
Full timeWorking Pattern
: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in office.About us
We’re on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we’re shaping finance for good. We’re focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you!About this opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer to work on the Core Banking System which aims to support around 30 million customers and 60 million accounts.
You'll be part of Everyday Banking in Consumer Relationships Platform working in the Vault Banking Products lab. The lab is focusing on building new core banking platform that will support servicing our customers through multiple channels and will enable the bank to create new innovative products for our customers using cutting edge cloud based technology platform.
What you’ll need
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of Though Machine Vault python based smart contracts.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering and product teams to translate business requirements into secure and efficient smart contracts.
- Perform code reviews, identify potential vulnerabilities, and implement best practices for smart contract development.
- Debug and troubleshoot smart contract issues to ensure robustness and reliability.
- Create comprehensive documentation for smart contracts, development processes, and best practices.
- Ensure that smart contracts adhere to regulatory and legal requirements and collaborate with compliance teams as needed.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the smart contract development process.
The successful candidate for the Senior Software Engineer role will be able to demonstrate deep technical expertise, experience in building banking platforms, ability to work independently and to mentor junior team members including development standards and quality of code.
About working for us
- Understanding of double-entry ledger fundamentals.
- Understanding of the relationship between General Ledgers, ILAs and Customer Accounts and good knowledge of Accounting Models and finance concepts.
- Proficiency in Python programming with experience in smart contract development.
- Knowledge of the Thought Machine Vault ecosystem.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- People leadership experience with strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and DevOps practices.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in/all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more
.At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.