Job Title: Customer Service Claims Handler
Contract - Full time/permanent
Salary Range: £22,000 - £23,500 depending on experience
Customer Service Claims Handler: Our Total Loss department is a supportive and dynamic environment that delivers first class customer service at a time when our customers need us the most. We are looking for people who pride themselves on problem solving, are able to adapt to challenging circumstances demonstrating resilience and strives to get the right outcome for our customer and company.
You will have your own allocated number of claims following an accident, fire or theft across a variety of different vehicles, ranging from ranging from the everyday brand vehicles, vans, campervans, classic cars, motorbikes, and high-performance vehicles. You will be responsible for assessing the damage in line with the accident circumstances, assessing risks and identifying fraud.
Our Claims Handler role is the ideal opportunity to develop your career within an award-winning Insurance Company, who has been recognised as a UK Top Employer and a double award winner for 2021 and 2022 Personal Lines Insurer of the Year.
Whether you have experience in retail, care, hospitality or possess a great can-do attitude we want to hear from you!
Salary £22,000 increasing to £23,500 in increments on completion of our 18 months' pay progression scheme.
The main duties of a Customer Service Claims Handler - Total Loss are:
- Understand the circumstances of the claim and assess damage in accordance with policy requirements.
- Identify indicators of fraud and take ownership when raising this to the wider department.
- Ensure customer requirements and expectations are properly framed and understood.
- Provide effective communication both internally and externally to ensure consistency.
- Manage caseload as an individual and part of a team, uploading relevant documents and ensuring accurate notes.
- Make informed decisions regarding paying and rejecting claims up to handler authority limit, managing customer expectations and delivering updates with empathy
- Ensuring you are treating customers fairly and acting in a professional manner.
Desired experience for a Customer Service Claims Handler - Total Loss:
- Ability to demonstrate a high standard of customer service.
- A positive attitude and a flexible approach to change and team working.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the capability to write letters in line with company standards.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others whilst maintaining an empathetic approach.
- Experience working to deadlines and managing your own time effectively
- High attention to detail ensuring accuracy at all times.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Customer Service Claims Handler role based in Gloucester:
At Ageas we offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped us achieve, Top Employer status in the UK.
Flexible Working - Smart Working @ Ageas gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it's within the UK) . We also offer a minimum of 35 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
Supporting your Health - Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities - Yoga, Mindfulness.
Supporting your Wealth - Annual Bonus Schemes, Annual Salary Reviews, Competitive Pension, Employee Savings, Employee Loans.
Supporting you at Work - Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
Supporting you and your Family - Maternity/pregnant parent/primary adopter entitlement of 16 weeks' at full pay and paternity/non-pregnant parent/co-adopter at 8 weeks' full pay.
Benefits for Them - Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
Getting Around - Car Salary Exchange, Cycle Scheme, Vehicle Breakdown Cover
Get some Tech - Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
Supporting you back to work - Return to work programme after maternity leave
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria). For more information please see Ageas Everyone.
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.
Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.
Click on the 'Apply button' to be considered for our Customer Service Claims Handler opportunity at Ageas in Gloucester.