We are looking to recruit a Proposal Manager to join our team for maternity cover for approximately 12 months. As a Proposals Manager, you will focus on winning submissions for projects across the Southwest and South Wales. Leading first-stage tenders, you will be responsible for preparing high-quality bids that delight our customers. We are committed to truly understanding our customers' needs and developing sustainable solutions that are clearly articulated in customer-focused, attractive submissions. Our high win rate means you will see more of your effort converted to live projects.
Working flexibly from home and one of our offices (Cardiff, Bristol, or Exeter), you will have a passion for construction and be able to demonstrate the skills and capabilities below:
Strong team leadership skills: Lead the team assembled for the Proposal, who will come from other departments and outside the business. You will:
- Identify and assemble the people needed to produce and win the bid.
- Motivate and inspire them to get the best from the whole team.
- Agree individual roles and responsibilities.
- Check progress and support bid team members.
- Provide feedback to bid team members about their performance on the bid.
Lead the bid strategy: Contribute to and create our bid win plan, then consistently communicate this to the team throughout so that the bid is developed in line with the strategy. You will:
- Understand the entire bid submission and influence our approach to align with the 'win plan.'
- Revisit the strategy when needed.
- Be accountable for everything that goes into the bid.
- Define and shape the visual presentation of the submission.
Bid writing skills: Being a strong bid writer, you will make sure all the written content in the bid is clear and compelling by:
- Owning individual answers (planning and scripting).
- Briefing other bid writing contributors.
- Checking the quality of other contributors' work and providing feedback and/or intervening.
- Signing off all the written content before the Director peer review.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong writing skills - able to craft clear, concise, and compelling bids.
- Strong attention to detail - all our proposals must be error-free.
- Project management skills - able to meet the proposal deadline and coordinate the input of multiple team members.
- English literature or journalism qualification.
In return, we offer generous rewards for our people with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes, but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus, and a car scheme that will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA), and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon-run car leasing scheme."
With over 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive. Willmott Dixon was recently awarded No 1 in the Best "big" Companies (2022) to work for and already holds the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.