Title: Property Manager (London Living Rent)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week, 9-5 Monday-Friday
Office Location: Stratford, London
Persona: Agile/ Hybrid, Office based 20-40% (1-3 days per week) *
Salary: £33,154 to £38,000 per annum plus £1,300 Essential Car User Allowance**
Closing date for applications: 3rd December 2023
We will be holding face to face interviews at our Head office in West Ham Lane, Stratford.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the advertisement and interview earlier than stated.
L&Q's London Living Rent has seen great growth over the last year and is set to expand more over the coming years to become one of the largest portfolio’s helping to assist residents into home ownership! Our selection of homes appeals to a whole range of aspirations, incomes, and stages of life.
We are currently seeking experienced Property Managers to join our driven property management team. The ideal candidate will not only resonate with our values but live them. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to complement our existing teams, to be successful in our team you will need to be exceptionally customer-focused and willing to go above and beyond to assist our customers. We are looking for real passion, drive and motivation, and an ability to thrive in a target-driven environment. The role can be challenging, with no two days being the same and dealing with a diverse range of residents, we are looking for individuals who are initiative-taking and keen problem solvers.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management function in maximising rental returns and minimising tenancy 'void' periods.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to support the acquisition of property to achieve organisational targets and objectives.
- Ensuring the property portfolio and associated activities are delivered in accordance with legislative requirements and ensuring compliance across the operation.
- Providing excellent customer service to a demanding client base and maintaining relevant records and systems.
- Conduct effective tenancy and asset management to ensure maximum returns.
- Conduct routine checks to manage risks associated with fraud and subletting.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Property management and lettings experience in the private rented sector
- Understanding of London Living Rent and how it fits into the lettings and sales market.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and customer service skills with the ability to work as part of a dynamic team and respond positively to challenges.
- Proven record in delivering on targets and deadlines within a demanding customer focused commercial environment.
- An awareness of budgetary and financial risk in respect of the residential marketplace
- Experience of using MS Office Suite (This will include Excel, Microsoft teams and CRM/Microsoft D365 software)
- Experience in actioning and negotiating tenancy renewals.
- Have experience in managing complaints within target times and managing resident expectations for a positive result.
- Have an excellent understanding of tenancy management including that of assured Shorthold tenancies and related knowledge of applicable legal notices.
- Understanding of legal processes relating to breach of tenancy and arrears.
The benefits we offer:
Property Managers are considered as an essential car user (ECU) you will receive an ECU allowance of £1,300 per annum. In addition to this, we offer the following benefits:
- Hybrid/agile working
- Strong family friendly policies
- Committed Learning & Development
- Annual leave starting from 26 plus bank holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme – double contribution up to 6%
- Generous non-contributory life Assurance
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount scheme
- Up to 21 volunteer hours per year
- Strong family-friendly policies
- Great places to work certified 2022
- Best Workplaces for Women – ranked 23 in the UK
Apply Now: to apply please complete an online application and detail your suitability for the position in the supporting statement section.
* You will be office-based more than the standard 1-3 days per week till training has been completed.
** This role is entitled to a monthly essential car user (ECU) allowance. For the allowance to be paid, you will need a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle that is insured for Business Use. ECU Allowance is paid in accordance with the requirements of the relevant policy as updated from time to time.
At the foundation of everything that we do are our corporate values and associated behaviours. Our organisational behavioural framework outlines the core expectations of all employees, which should be always demonstrated when representing L&Q. More information about L&Q’s values can be found on our website and a copy of our behavioural framework can be provided on request.