We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
- Demonstrate an ability to come up with innovative ideas, tackle problems creatively and craft these into logical, coherent solutions that centre around our users' needs.
- Work with partners in the delivery function including analysts, engineers, solution architects and business areas to represent and advocate the value of UX design and User Centred Design practices.
- Help to maintain an efficient design delivery process, through regular clear communication with delivery teams and consistently delivering to schedule.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX and technology trends.
- Work closely with the Design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques
What you'll bring
- Experience showing a strong UX background in interpreting sophisticated business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet user needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to convey sophisticated design concepts clearly to different delivery skills within the organization.
- Demonstrable experience of UCD design principles and research methodologies, with an ability to build user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Experience working within a fast paced delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative approach with multiple delivery abilities.
- Experience of running discovery and design workshops, helping drive alignment and innovation through experiences we deliver.
Team overview UK&I Technology
Ground-breaking projects. Innovative tech. Top innovation. Join our UK&I Technology team and you'll work across technology projects that drive our TV, broadband, mobile and Sky Connect services. You'll be at the heart of delivering the technology roadmaps that support our UK and Ireland businesses, with a focus on customer innovations for Sky Glass. That's not all. You'll also design, develop and deliver digital services for millions of customers across the UK.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym - or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.