We're thrilled to be looking for an Ecommerce Trading Assistant to join our International Trading team!
In this exciting role, you will support our international trading team by identifying and developing new initiatives to promote the Next brand, attract new customers, and enhance the overall customer experience.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will need to be highly organised with strong analytical skills to review and analyze data, which can then be presented in a meaningful way. Additionally, excellent communication and collaboration skills will be essential to work effectively with different teams and individuals across the wider business.
We can offer hybrid working, with part of the week working at Next Head Office in Enderby, Leicestershire and part of the week working remotely.
About the role
- Continually review information on sales, bestsellers & key online metrics to summarise performance trends.
- Identify and champion additional functionality and features across online channels that will grow sales in individual countries and third-party sales channels in line with set business priorities.
- Translates ideas into practical solutions that improve international performance, ensuring recommendations prioritise the customer’s needs and wants.
- Educate yourself to know and understand the Next customer across all sales channels internationally.
- Develop a close understanding of the trading calendars and customer shopping behaviours in our key countries and third-party sales channels.
- Good communication skills are essential for building productive relationships across all levels of the business. They help to influence and win the support of business stakeholders, hold productive meetings, and improve and establish effective and efficient ways of working.
- Project manage own workload, driving BAU and new opportunities identified. Attend all relevant internal and external meetings, maintaining accurate administration of key business documents.
- Highly motivated and hardworking with a professional attitude, who can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Displays a clear sense of vision, direction and belief, perseverance and a desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present to a range of audiences and influence them to support positive change and new ideas.
- A passion for identifying opportunities and creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach. Comfortable with using and manipulating large volumes of data to tell a story.
- Is able to identify own development needs accurately and is open to learning
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
We aim to support all candidates during the application process and are happy to provide workplace adjustments when necessary. Should you need support with your application due to a disability or long-term condition, feel free to get in touch with us by email [email protected] (please include 'Workplace Adjustments' in the subject line), or call us on 0116 284 2486 and leave a voicemail.