Job Title: Claims Customer Support Handler
Contract: Permanent, full time / part time
Salary - £22,000, Increasing to £23,500 after 18 months
Join us at Ageas in February 2024!!
Claims Customer Support Handler: We are looking for Claims Customer Support Handlers to join our Third-Party Assist team in Gloucester on a full time or part time, permanent basis.
As a Claims Customer Support Handler you will be assisting customers on behalf of Ageas where they have been involved in an accident with our Policyholder. We are looking for resilient and proactive individuals who have the ability to influence customers into accepting our services.
You will be communicating, supporting and negotiating with customers to help settle their claim as quickly as possible. We need people who have a passion to help others. You will want to make sure our customers receive the best service they can in the aftermath of a motor accident.
At Ageas, we pride ourselves on offering long term career opportunities; upon joining, you will work through a progression plan where we will develop your personal skills and technical knowledge which is supported by incremental pay increases for the first 18 months in role. From then on, we also offer the opportunity to enrol in formal qualifications including your CII.
The main responsibilities of a Claims Customer Support Handler are:
- Contacting Customers to offer our help and assistance following a motor accident.
- You will use your influencing skills to help the customer understand what we can do to assist them and ultimately settle their claim as quickly as we can.
- Liaising with third party suppliers to assist with speedy claims settlement and a high-quality claims service.
- Take ownership of your claims making appropriate commercial decisions to help control costs.
- Use empathy where appropriate to understand the diverse needs of our customers.
- Thrives in a problem-solving environment and provides a logical approach to settle claims
- Provide a logical approach to problem solving in order to settle claims
The desired skills and experience for a Claims Customer Support Handler:
- Demonstrate a considerate and empathetic phone manner to reassure customers.
- To influence and persuade others to your way of thinking.
- Be able to multitask and prioritise your own workload.
- Provide a high standard of customer service, by communicating and supporting our customers.
- Positive attitude and a flexible approach to change and team working.
- Experience in a customer services environment is advantageous.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Claims Customer Support Handler role based in Gloucester:
At Ageas we offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped us achieve, Top Employer status in the UK.
Flexible Working - Smart Working @ Ageas gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it's within the UK). We also offer all our vacancies part-time/job-shares . We also offer a minimum of 35 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
Supporting your Health - Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities - Yoga, Mindfulness.
Supporting your Wealth - Annual Bonus Schemes, Annual Salary Reviews, Competitive Pension, Employee Savings, Employee Loans.
Supporting you at Work - Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
Benefits for Them - Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
Getting Around - Car Salary Exchange, Cycle Scheme, Vehicle Breakdown Cover
Get some Tech - Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
Supporting you back to work - Return to work programme after maternity leave
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria). For more information please see Ageas Everyone.
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.
Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.