UKSBS is a leading public sector shared service centre, providing high-quality HR, Payroll, Finance, Procurement and IT services to our partners. Owned by the Department of Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT), the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ), the Department of Business and Trade (DBT) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
We provide a range of efficient, scalable, and expert Finance, HR and Payroll, Procurement and Business IT services helping the advancement of the UK's economy and society. We are motivated by a desire to deliver high-quality, efficient and reliable service to over 25,000 civil and public servants, employed by our clients.
As a public sector-owned shared service centre, UK SBS is motivated by a desire to deliver the highest possible quality of service to our partner organisations. We are proud to play our part in contributing to the success of our partners. We aspire to be the leading UK public sector business service provider, efficiently and securely managing multiple technology platforms and delivering a great end-user experience, underpinned by simple processes and cutting-edge IT.
Our operating model will balance harnessing the value for money and efficiency offered by greater automation and self-service, with responsive and personal interactions for more complex needs. Our flexible approach will enable us to flexibly support a wide and changing range of partner requirements. We plan to welcome new public sector partners to our mutual ownership model which will ensure the best value for the public purse.
Our people will continue to be at the heart of our company, supported by empowered leaders and enabled by an inclusive and diverse working culture.
You will be working closely with the Executive team and our Chief Executive Officer (Senior Information Risk Owner) with the responsibility and accountability for leading an expert team to ensure UKSBS (people, systems, information and premises) have robust, proportionate and cost-effective:
- Incident Management, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Information Management and Data Protection.
- Risk Management, Internal Controls and Audit Programme coordination.
- Counter Fraud, including legal requirements under the Bribery Act.
You will also act as the Departmental Security Advisor.
Flexibility may be required to respond to the changing needs of the organisation and the service. You may also be asked to undertake ad hoc activities in support of the Chief Executive Officer and other Executives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely across the Executive and Senior Leadership Group to ensure alignment of RISC objectives with the UKSBS business plan and operational plan.
- Performance lead and develop the Risk, Information, Security and Compliance (RISC) team, ensuring that members have appropriate business exposure, are professionally competent and highly motivated.
- Has accountability for ensuring the team operates to budget.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to management colleagues across the business.
- Represent the Risk, Information, Security and Compliance (RISC) function, as required, at the UKSBS Committees.
- Represent UKSBS, as required, at the UKSBS Audit Committee and key partnership/client meetings.
- Ensure UKSBS has a positive working relationship with GIAA.
- Maintain a strong network of Risk, Information, Security and Compliance (RISC) contacts across Government, the public sector and wider business.
- Provide strategic, tactical, and operational advice to Executive and Senior Management.
- Design and deliver an appropriate suite of Risk, Information, Security and Compliance (RISC) strategies, policies and processes, maintaining legal compliance and alignment with HM government best practices.
- Drive cultural alignment to agreed policies across the organisation.
- Gain agreement from Executive and Audit Committees to an annual Risk, Information, Security and Compliance (RISC) delivery plan.
- Act as the Security Advisor, coordinating the company response to security-related matters, including assessing and making judgements in relation to risk on behalf of the SIRO and Executive.
- Providing senior level guidance and support to the Information Manager and Data Protection Officer, Senior Information Security Manager, Information Security Manager and Risk and Assurance Manager ensuring coordination that supports delivery by Digital and Information, Operations, and Partnerships and Change.
- Ensure delivery of the UKSBS annual audit plan as agreed by the Audit Committee.
- Support and report progress to close reported audit findings.
- Oversee the development and testing of business continuity and resilience plans.
- Act as the professional adviser to Gold and Silver command in the event of a business continuity incident
- Ensure UKSBS' cyber security is maintained
- Ensure planning, delivery and reporting of an annual cycle of mandatory Risk, Information, Security and Compliance (RISC) training.
- Oversee the quality and timeliness of reporting, papers and reports for formal meetings and supporting communications material.
- Identify opportunities for control enhancements, service/quality improvements and operational efficiency.
- Act as Programme Lead / SRO for activities, as required, ensuring appropriate governance is maintained and dependencies to other programmes are addressed.
- Act as Project Manager for key projects when necessary.
- Identify, monitor and report business case benefits, and evidence success.
The Successful Applicant
- A significant specialist background in Risk, Information Management, Business Continuity and Information Assurance / Security, ideally with recognised qualifications.
- Experience in managing IT security frameworks for both physical and personal security.
- Demonstrable experience in budgeting, planning and analysis.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Ability to think commercially and strategically.
- Organised with project management skills.
- Excellent team leadership skills and behaviours.
- Experienced team player - able to listen and contribute in equal measure and engage with and encourage a wide range of opinions.
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong numeracy and analytic skills informing evidence-based decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; collaborative and consultative.
- Motivated, adaptable and proactive with the ability to work flexibly in a changing environment; highly resilient and politically astute.
- Auditing and/or management of audit activity; possibly with recognised qualifications.
- Experience in shared service and/or customer service delivery
- Experience in the public sector.
- Likely to be educated to degree level.
What's on Offer
- A competitive salary - to be discussed on a one-to-one basis.
- Excellent defined Pension scheme with an employer contribution of 27%.
- Annual leave allowance of 28 days rising after the first year to a maximum of 30 days.
- Hybrid working provides the flexibility to work from the office and at home with
- Offices in Swindon, Newport and Billingham (plus a season ticket loan to spread the travel cost)
- Childcare scheme and on-site nursery (at our Swindon office)
- Parental leave and family-friendly policies.
- Three volunteering days each year enabling you to pursue your passion to support the local community.
- Wellbeing support through our Employment Assistance Programme and other Wellbeing tools.
- Employee lifestyle discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme and on-site facilities
- On-the-job training, coaching, and in-house courses to build on your personal and professional skills
- Financial support and flexibility while you work towards professional qualifications
- Celebrating and recognising employee achievements through our recognition scheme
- Clear and flexible career pathways and opportunities to widen your experience to support your progression
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Page Executive.
Ref Code: MPWMJN1120236240172Z