The Infrastructure Engineer will provide 2nd and 3rd line support across the FSCS Infrastructure services. This role will be responsible for the implementation and administration of FSCS infrastructure estate covering on Premise and cloud Servers, Microsoft Office 365 and FSCS Azure Infrastructure Services
This role will ensure the IT infrastructure is fully managed and maintained to minimise security risk and maximise service availability. The role will support maintain and develop the IT infrastructure so both current and future needs can be sustained.
My Priorities- What I will Deliver
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for all On Premise and Cloud IT infrastructure services
- Implement and maintain Cloud and on-prem Server and Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuration and administration of Microsoft Office365 in a hybrid infrastructure, including Exchange Online, Microsoft Office365 applications, Microsoft Intune, Azure Virtual Desktop and system health monitoring
- Implement and maintain Cloud and on-prem storage solutions
- Implement and maintain On Premise VMware Infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Endpoint Security Solutions
- Assist vulnerability management by implementing remediation actions in line with the agreed time frames.
- Implement and maintain Endpoint Management Solution including SCCM and Intune
- Manage and maintain secure data transfer services
- Implement and maintain FSCS Backup and IT Disaster Recovery plan, ensuring that all systems are backed up in accordance with the set backup procedures and Integrity of backups and IT Disaster Recovery plans are maintained
- Implement and maintain system management tools and processes to proactively monitor IT Infrastructure and maintain efficient operation
- Implement and maintain systems management tools and processes to proactively monitor servers to maintain efficient operation
- Monitor & maintain capacity and demand of IT infrastructure across servers, storage and Cloud
- Regular patching of Servers and Infrastructure applications and Servers
- Provide technical support and diagnose issues to resolve Infrastructure related problems, provide technical expertise throughout associated recoveries.
- Work effectively with internal IT SMEs and partners to deliver Infrastructure services
- Complete request, issue and change tickets within agreed SLAs
- Undertake any other IT related duties as required in line with the business needs.
- Ensure integrity and security of the FSCS Infrastructure estate, in line with FSCS standards and policies
My Knowledge- What I need to know
- Extensive Experience of IT Infrastructure within Financial Services or similar regulated organisation
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Strong knowledge of Azure and on-prem Server implementation and management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft stack/ecosystems for end user compute and server environments; including Microsoft Windows 16/19 Server OS, Windows 10 OS, Office 365, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange on premise, Exchange Online, IIS, DFS and Enterprise CA
- Strong knowledge of Endpoint management technologies e.g. Microsoft Intune, SCCM. Core competencies should include Windows 10 deployment, application deployment and laptop base build
- Strong knowledge of Distributed File System and File Shares
- Strong Knowledge Backup Solution e.g. Symantec Backup Exec and Azure backup
- Strong knowledge of Endpoint Protection solutions e.g. Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Knowledge of Office 365 products e.g. Teams, SharePoint, One Drive, Exchange ATP/EOP
- Strong Knowledge of Server based hardware (e.g. Dell, HP)
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN) - Ideally Dell EqualLogic/Compellent and Azure Storage
- Knowledge of Secure file transfer solution (e.g. GlobalScape Enterprise File Transfer, Egress)
- Knowledge of Remote Access solution
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator
- Cisco Certified: CCNA
- Knowledge and experience of federation services (e.g. Microsoft ADFS, Azure SSO)
- Knowledge of Internet content filtering solution – e.g. Symantec Web Security Service
- Knowledge of cloud security components e.g. Azure Security centre, Azure WAF, Azure DDoS, SIEM, OWASP, Group Policy, Conditional Access
- knowledge of Azure and on-prem network implementation and management
- Proven experience implementing and supporting Server Infrastructure in Azure and on-premise Datacentre
- Proven Experience of Maintaining and supporting Azure Active Directory, Microsoft office 365 including Exchange Online, Microsoft Office365 applications, Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Azure Identity access & Management Services
- Experience of Maintaining and supporting Message filtering solution– e.g., Exchange Online Protection/Advanced Threat Protection
- Proven Experience of deployment and monitoring tools for proactive infrastructure management – e.g. SolarWinds/Microsoft SCCM/ Azure Monitor
- Proven Experience of Maintaining and supporting Remote Access solution (Pulse VPN and Azure Virtual Desktop)
For the past 21 years, FSCS has been getting customers of failed authorised financial services firms back on track.
Our strength is in our numbers. Since 2001, we have helped 6.5m customers and paid back £26bn in compensation. Over the years we have continually strived to be better, faster, and more empathetic to our customers’ needs in an ever more complex financial world. Our people have worked together to make sure we can offer protection and reassurance every step of the way, even during the toughest of times over the last two years. FSCS is an organisation that makes a difference, and in which our people truly make a difference.
We have grown from modest beginnings in 2001 to helping customers during historic events such as the 2008 banking crisis and supporting vulnerable customers during the pandemic. As a result of this success, FSCS has become increasingly respected, insightful, and influential in the regulatory eco-system. It is an exciting time in our journey as we now have an opportunity to play a bigger role in breaking the cycle of rising consumer harm and costs; by being part of a system that is about prevention rather than cure.