Are you customer focussed and do you want to be the voice for our customer to ensure we successfully procure projects? We are looking to recruit a Bid Manager (work winning) for our London & East construction business. With offices in Hitchin (Hertfordshire), and Chelmsford(Essex), we deliver projects across multiple sectors within London, the northern home counties and East Anglia. You will work in an agile way depending on the demands of the role working from our offices, home and attending customer meetings.
Reporting to our Preconstruction Manager, the successful candidate will demonstrate true leadership and manage the delivery of successful bids, on time, within budget and to the highest quality, ensuring our customers' expectations are met and, wherever possible, exceeded. With a proven track record of successful projects, you will be responsible for leading both single and two-stage tenders for projects ranging in value from £10m to £100m across a range of sectors, including Homes, Education, Leisure, Commercial, Blue Light and Health. At Willmott Dixon we operate through several frameworks, allowing for a greater probability of seeing your hard work come to life.
As a Bid Manager you will be responsible for:
*Motivating and leading a bid team that includes both internal (estimators, design professionals, MEP professionals, bid writers and planners) and often external (supply chain and consultants) resource
* Coordinating inception workshops with our customers and use your proven listening skills to ensure we truly understand our customers 'Why?', gaining vital information that will enable your bid team to go the extra mile
* Managing the customers' expectations through informal and formal 'health checks', adopting a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations
* Developing and incorporating project strategies to achieve the company's sustainability objectives
* Ensuring regular monitoring and reporting on progress, managing potential risks and opportunities, and instigating pre-emptive and corrective actions as required
* Maintaining continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness, implementing best practice and driving continuous improvement
* Maintaining a 'one team' approach throughout to create a seamless transition from preconstruction to operations
Essential and Desirable Criteria
For this multifaceted role, you will need proven experience of:
* Exceptional leadership skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Communication skills
* A technical understanding of complex construction schemes
* Experience of delivering outstanding customer and stakeholder service and management
* A construction related degree
* CIOB membership or equivalent
* Experience of working on bids in a variety of construction sectors
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer. Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
About Us With 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
Willmott Dixon has just been awarded No 1 in the Best "Big" Companies (2022) to work for and already holds the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.