Main area Medical & Dental
Grade Band A
Hours 37.5 hours per week (Domicillary Visit Essential Part of the Job)
Site Lakeside Health Centre/ Garland Road/Barnard Health Centre/ Beckenham Beacon/Biggin Hill Town Bromley, Bexley and Greenwich
Salary £47,653 - £71,479 Inclusive of LW
Salary period Yearly
Closing 04/12/2023 23:59
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults. Being born from NHS Bromley’s community provider unit we have been providing community services to the people of Bromley for many years and we have a wealth of experience.
Bromley Healthcare is a great place to work. The unique way we deliver services and offer everyone who works here a voice, means that your career with us will be rewarding. Social Enterprises are a fairly new and exciting way to deliver healthcare, offering many of the traditional advantages of the NHS (such as excellent training and development) with the freedom for innovation by being able to reinvest any surpluses we make into the community.
Priority consideration will be given to Bromley Healthcare staff formally identified as being at risk.
Please note that for positions that require you to drive as part of your job role we will be asking for evidence of business insurance.
Dental Officer - Band A
Salary is NHS Salaried Dentists Band A:
Salary £44,955 - 67,433 Inclusive of HCAs & dependant on experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious dentist to join our team. Whether you are an ambitious dentist who is looking for experience in the community setting before doing specialty training or someone who wants to move away from the stresses of general practice, this is an ideal place to work in.
We provide great support to clinicians so that they can learn and excel in their career, in the past 18 months, 2 of our dental officers have been selected in the highly competitive specialty training programme.
Our Community Dental Service provides dentistry to a wide range of patients including both adults and children requiring either special care dentistry, or specialist care. Several of the clinics are equipped to provide dental treatment with inhalation and/or intravenous sedation and the service also provides dental treatment under general anaesthesia for children and adult special care patients at the Princess Royal Hospital in Orpington.
Apart from providing care in our clinical settings we work with a wide range of other organisations to deliver dental treatment to people in their own homes, care homes. We focus on delivering care as close to home as possible.
Proposed interview date W/C 11th December 2023
Main duties of the job
Your main area of responsibility will be to provide dentistry for adult and child patients with a wide range of special care needs, both in a domiciliary setting and in the surgery, under local anaesthesia, inhalational sedation and possibly under general anaesthesia in a hospital setting.
As part of the NHS England Paediatric Dental Care pathway, you will be a team player, able to make treatment plans for, and advise and support other members of the dental team regarding care of patients with special care needs. Experience of working alongside a Dental Therapist and in treatment of patients in a special care dental service setting and using inhalation sedation would be an advantage.
You will have excellent, experienced nursing support and have access to training allowances for Continuing Professional Development.
We are looking for an energetic, flexible and self motivated person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well being IT competent. You will take a role in peer review, clinical governance and clinical audit projects.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed and motivated Dental Officers to join our existing dental team. The service can offer opportunities for the job holder to develop dental skills enhancing their future career as they can work closely with experienced clinicians.
This role will have a requirement to make domiciliary visits so please bear this in mind when applying as this is an essential part of the role.
Working for our organisation
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults.
Salary is dependent on NHS experience and current banding/pay point.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, access to EAP, high street discounts, Blue Light Card eligibility, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme and we are constantly looking to expand our staff benefits.
We are passionate about caring for our service users, and their family and friends, as well as the wellbeing of our colleagues.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To liaise with other Dental Officers / Senior dental
- Officers/members of the Dental team, General Dental
- Practitioners and Hospital Consultants as necessary and
- promote the Service with professional employees and other
- Deliver dental treatment and preventive care and education to priority groups including those with:
- Dental anxiety and behaviour management issues
- Medical complexity
- Learning disability
- Limitations of personal mobility
- Other physical disability
- Relevant mental health issues
- Plus Size needs
- Other vulnerabilities, e.g. Looked After Children and Domiciliary care
- Treatment under sedation or general anaesthesia, and epidemiological field work and domiciliary care are of particular significance as a member of the Special Care Dental Service.
- Management of, in a clinical capacity, dental therapists/ hygienists / dental nurses as required.
- Produce and maintain accurate patient records, complete appropriate NHS forms (eg FP17 forms).
- Collect and receipt patients’ charges in accordance with NHS
- Regulations and ensure safe keeping of monies through banking in accordance with Bromley healthcare Policies and Procedures.
- Computer systems will be involved with these processes.
- Produce and maintain accurate records of epidemiological
- field work and dental screening delivered and dental care provided.
- Paper and computer systems will be involved.
- Patient’s dental care needs accurately assessed and appropriate dental treatment and preventive care delivered.
- Clinical sessions booked efficiently and activity recorded accurately to the appropriate standard.
- Referrals assessed and treatment commenced within a timely manner.
- Consolidate clinical skills following Foundation training and consolidate skills treating additional needs patients and those with an urgent dental need.
Qualification Essential criteria
- Registered Dental Qualification with GDC
- Vocational Training/Dental foundation training
- NHS Performer number
- certificate in conscious sedation
- membership of professional societies
Experience and skills Essential criteria
- Experience of treating children and adults
- Experience in Audit
- Knowledge of GDC Standards
- Experience of working with the Community Dental Service
- experience of treating patients under sedation/GA
Other Essential criteria
- Full driving licence with car available
Knowledge Essential criteria
- Knowledge of special care dentistry and a band A’s role in the delivery of dental care
- Awareness of public health issues
- Awareness of issues relating of ethnic minorities
We are passionate about caring for our service users, and their family and friends, as well as the wellbeing of our colleagues. That's why we encourage all colleagues to take up the offer of the Coronavirus vaccination.
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point, applicants from outside the NHS will receive the start point of the salary scale in line with NHS terms & conditions.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme.
Bromley Healthcare is fully committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, in a work environment where all colleagues feel supported, nurtured and celebrated. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. At Bromley Healthcare, diversity and inclusion is one of the key strands of our People Strategy, and we are fully committed to promoting diversity in all we do to make real and lasting change.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion /belief, sexual orientation or age. We are especially keen to increase Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) representation across Bromley Healthcare, especially at senior levels.
We look forward to welcoming you to a rewarding career with Bromley Healthcare.
All offers of new employment with Bromley Healthcare are subject to a six month probation period
Bromley Healthcare CIC is an NHS community provider and part of the NHS family.
But we are a little different; we like to think that we stand out from typical NHS organisations as Bromley Healthcare CIC is actually a co-owned social enterprise, co-owned by its employees. This means that our staff remain on NHS Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions and are members of the NHS pension scheme (providing you are eligible), if not we can offer the Nest or Scottish Widows pension schemes.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form.
- As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
- When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
- All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly.
- The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that information in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download