Main area Central Administrative Services
Grade Band 4
Hours Full time - 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
Site Central Court, 1B Knoll Rise Town Orpington
Salary £29,460 - £31,909 Inc HCAS per annum pro rata
Salary period Yearly
Closing 06/12/2023 23:59
Interview date 18/12/2023
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults. Being born from NHS Bromley’s community provider unit we have been providing community services to the people of Bromley for many years and we have a wealth of experience.
Bromley Healthcare is a great place to work. The unique way we deliver services and offer everyone who works here a voice, means that your career with us will be rewarding. Social Enterprises are a fairly new and exciting way to deliver healthcare, offering many of the traditional advantages of the NHS (such as excellent training and development) with the freedom for innovation by being able to reinvest any surpluses we make into the community.
Priority consideration will be given to Bromley Healthcare staff formally identified as being at risk.
Please note that for positions that require you to drive as part of your job role we will be asking for evidence of business insurance.
CCC Team Supervisor - Band 4
£29,460 - £31,909 Inc HCAS per annum pro rata
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Based in the Care Coordination Centre, the Team Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operational management of a designated administration team supporting clinical services within Bromley Healthcare. This will involve the responsibility of line managing their team, in line with BHC Policies.
The Team Supervisor will ensure effective administration support is provided to clinical services and will strive to continually improve ways of working by implementing new processes and reviewing data to identify any efficiencies to be gained or delays.
The team will be expected to work to key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLA’s) and this role will involve managing the team on a day to day basis to ensure these are achieved. This role is ideally suited to a candidate with line management experience, who is looking for a position in a fast paced working environment, with the opportunity to develop and progress into a more senior role.
Main duties of the job
This post will cover shifts 7 days a week 365 days a year including Bank Holidays, working between the hours of 8am to 8pm. There will be an expectation for the successful candidate to work a minimum of 1 weekend in 6. Shift times are 8-4pm, 9-5pm, 10-6 pm 11-7pm and 12-8pm. With agenda for change there are enhancements for hours worked at weekends which are in addition to the salary above.
Main duties include:
- Managing the day to day running of the administration team, ensuring that administration is completed in a timely fashion and to a high standard.
- To ensure that clinics are fully booked, proactively managing waiting lists and reviewing clinic schedules, focusing on filling last minute cancellations.
- To provide line management to staff completing one to one's, appraisals and managing HR issues such as sickness and performance management.
- To manage the teams roster, ensuring that the team is adequately staffed and that annual leave and training are approved in line with process.
- To respond to complaints and investigate incidents, ensuring that learning is taken from these and embedded within the team.
- To meet with Service Leads once a month to review operational delivery of the administration function, ensuring that KPIs are met.
- To work as part of a wider management team, sharing best practice and identifying/implementing process improvement.
Working for our organisation
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults.
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, access to EAP, high street discounts, Blue Light Card eligibility, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme and we are constantly looking to expand our staff benefits.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Management Provide day to day management of a team within the CCC, including but not limited to:
- Managing the operational day to day workflow within the team, ensuring that administration tasks are completed accurately and within set timescales.
- Ensuring KPIs and SLAs for telephony, other contact channels and administration processes are achieved.
- Line managing the administrators within the team delivering one to one’s, appraisals and managing the team’s sickness and performance in line with Bromley Healthcare’s policies.
- Leading on team meetings and other meetings as appropriate, to ensure that staff are up to date with service changes and that they feel supported within their role.
- Using the e-roster system to approve annual leave and ensure that resource is planned and utilised effectively to meet service demands.
- To meet monthly with Service leads to discuss service changes and improvements to administrative processes.
- Auditing your team’s record keeping and administration in line with the Information Governance Policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). . Service Delivery and Improvement
- Managing, prioritising and delegating work to the team on a daily basis to meet the competing demands of the clinical teams and patients.
- Ensuring all appointments are booked, to support with waiting list reduction.
- Responsibility for proactively trying to avoid and if unable to, highlighting any potential breaches in waiting times, did not attend (DNA)s and unable to attend (UTA)s alongside other KPIs to CCC Team Manager.
- Ensuring that the team work to standardized processes in line with SOPs reviewing and updating quarterly for continuity.
- Assisting the CCC Team Manager with the writing, development of SOPs
- Reviewing Qliksense data and running reports to inform service planning and performance, so that more efficient ways of working are gained.
- Reviewing waiting lists and providing admin support for to support with caseload management.
- Regularly reviewing existing processes to streamline and find more effective working ways of working with Team Leaders/ Managers to roll out new processes successfully.
- Providing support in the Specialist Administrator and Administrator role.
- Having a good knowledge and understanding of patient care pathways.
- Ensuring high quality record keeping in line with the Information Governance Policy.
- Ensuring adherence to the information governance policy, including but not limited to the storage of patient information, and the safeguarding of patient data.
- Management Information and Reporting
- Acting as the first point for formal complaints, identifying the complaint, documenting on Datix (incident reporting system) and starting a preliminary investigation.
- Responsibility for ensuring the completion of service specific administrative functions such as but not limited to – monitoring of lab reports on EMIS, management of workflow manager errors, opening appointment books on EMIS patient record systems.
- Responsibility for collating data and escalating to CCC Team Manager in relation to waiting lists, demand and appointments required. Other
- Deputising for the CCC Team Leader/ Manager as and when appropriate.
- To act as an appointed person for first aid and fire, completing relevant training for the role as required.
- Provide support and help to cover other Team Coordinator’s during periods of annual leave or sickness.
- The post holder may be required from time to time to work across other Bromley Healthcare sites in support of the CCC.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL ROLES
- The post holder has a responsibility to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk and will be trained to the appropriate level as determined by the post.
- The post holder is expected to demonstrate the values of Bromley Healthcare including Belonging Compassion Continuous Learning and Innovation Health and Wellbeing
- The post holder is expected to work within the requirements of the 6 C’s – Care, Compassion, Competence, Communication, Courage and Commitment
- The post holder is expected to comply with all Bromley Healthcare’s relevant policies, procedures and guidelines; including the appropriate code(s) of conduct associated with this post
- The job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post. This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the grade of the job, as directed by the line manager. This job description will be reviewed regularly in the light of changing service requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the post holder.
Person specification Qualifications Essential criteria
- GCSE (or equivalent) passes at Grade C or above
- NVQ4 or equivalent level experience in business administration
IT Essential criteria
- Experience of EMIS or equivalent clinical systems
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Effective in managing multiple data base computer systems.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, approachable and accessible
- Works effectively and flexibly as part of a team to meet the needs of the services
- Committed to improving services. Committed to hitting targets. Treats others as would like to be treated.
- Knowledge of current local care pathways and referral criteria to specialist teams
- Well-honed planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to work using own initiative and to delegate and/or escalate as appropriate.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to deal tactfully with people at all levels and with potentially verbally aggressive visitors and patients.
- Experience of working in a senior administrative role supporting a clinical service.
- Experience in a high volume call environment
- Experience of working in a senior administrative role supporting a clinical service.
- Experience of working in a busy environment managing multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Experience of managing a team of 3 or more people.
- Previous line management experience including sickness and performance management.
- Experience of working independently and managing priorities.
- Previous exposure to dealing with confidential information.
- Experience in a high volume call environment.
We are passionate about caring for our service users, and their family and friends, as well as the wellbeing of our colleagues. That's why we encourage all colleagues to take up the offer of the Coronavirus vaccination.
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point, applicants from outside the NHS will receive the start point of the salary scale in line with NHS terms & conditions.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme.
Bromley Healthcare is fully committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, in a work environment where all colleagues feel supported, nurtured and celebrated. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. At Bromley Healthcare, diversity and inclusion is one of the key strands of our People Strategy, and we are fully committed to promoting diversity in all we do to make real and lasting change.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion /belief, sexual orientation or age. We are especially keen to increase Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) representation across Bromley Healthcare, especially at senior levels.
We look forward to welcoming you to a rewarding career with Bromley Healthcare.
All offers of new employment with Bromley Healthcare are subject to a six month probation period
Bromley Healthcare CIC is an NHS community provider and part of the NHS family.
But we are a little different; we like to think that we stand out from typical NHS organisations as Bromley Healthcare CIC is actually a co-owned social enterprise, co-owned by its employees. This means that our staff remain on NHS Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions and are members of the NHS pension scheme (providing you are eligible), if not we can offer the Nest or Scottish Widows pension schemes.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form.
- As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
- When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
- All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly.
- The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that information in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.
Documents to download