Main area Hospital at Home delivering Acute care in the patient's own home
Grade Band 5
Hours Flexible working - Ad hoc
Site Bromley Central Court Bromley Orpington
Salary £32,720 - £39,769 Inc HCAS per annum pro rata
Salary period Yearly
Closing 06/12/2023 23:59
Interview date 11/12/2023
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults. Being born from NHS Bromley’s community provider unit we have been providing community services to the people of Bromley for many years and we have a wealth of experience.
Bromley Healthcare is a great place to work. The unique way we deliver services and offer everyone who works here a voice, means that your career with us will be rewarding. Social Enterprises are a fairly new and exciting way to deliver healthcare, offering many of the traditional advantages of the NHS (such as excellent training and development) with the freedom for innovation by being able to reinvest any surpluses we make into the community.
Priority consideration will be given to Bromley Healthcare staff formally identified as being at risk.
Please note that for positions that require you to drive as part of your job role we will be asking for evidence of business insurance.
BANK Community hospital at Home Staff Nurse - Band 5
£32,720 - £39,769 Inc HCAS per annum pro rata
Flexible working - Ad hoc
Would you like to work for an organisation that is progressive, innovative and provides quality care for families in Bromley? To find out what its like to work for Bromley Healthcare please view our videos on YouTube, search for Bromley healthcare and you will get a flavour of Bromley healthcare.
We are currently looking for Bank Hospital at Hime Staff Nurses to join our dynamic, friendly team who are patient focused and thrive on providing quality care.
Bromley Healthcare are currently recruiting for Bank Band 5 Nurses. The teams consist of GPs , ACP Nurses and Therapist, Senior Nurses and Staff Nurses, Nurse Associates, Healthcare Assistants. They are a busy & dynamic team who have patient care at the heart of all they do. Our work is crucial to the facilitate early discharge and admission avoidance preventing unnecessary hospital admission for our patients.
Interview date week commencing 11th December 2023
Main duties of the job
The Hospital at Home Nurse role is a highly skilled role which involves skills such as Picc lines/IV’s blood monitoring, ECGs, holistic assessment, bladder scanning and point of care testing, these are skills that are very much key to being an excellent Hospital at Home Nurse.
As a Hospital at Home Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients in their own homes, the role will involve but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care.
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Supporting our in-house mentorship training scheme with placement students and staff.
- Being an active member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible.
This is a challenging but ultimately rewarding position where you will be supported both within your teams and by regular reflection & professional training.
Available shifts Monday - Sunday
8.00am – 8.00pm
Please note that all Community Nursing roles are designated essential car users therefore applicants should have a current driving licence and access to a vehicle to be considered for this position.
Working for our organisation
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults.
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, access to EAP, high street discounts, Blue Light Card eligibility, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme and we are constantly looking to expand our staff benefits.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To contribute to the clinical delivery of the service. This will include completing holistic patient assessments, designing and regularly reviewing care plans, delivering effective clinical care.
- To assist with the daily coordination of the team to include daily handover, allocation of work and managing referrals and telephone messages.
- To develop good working relationships with Allied Health Professionals, specialist and other clinical services in Bromley Healthcare and contribute to the development of policies and procedure that cover related services.
- To proactively monitor and manage a daily patient caseload making autonomous decisions about patient care and seeking support from colleagues as appropriate.
Person specification Qualifications & Training
- RN (Adult Branch)
- Current NMC Registration
- Willingness to complete Competency required for post
- Community work experience or acute setting
- An understanding of the appraisal process
- Cannulations skills
- Experience in administration if intravenous drugs
- Experience of working in/with a multi-disciplinary team
- Admission avoidance experience
- Frailty assessment
- Knowledge of standard setting/clinical audit.
- Respiratory assessment
- Chest auscultation
- Working in an Intermediate Care setting.
- Qualified & competent to carry out male/female including suprapubic catheterisation.
- Ability to administer intravenous drugs
- ECG 12 lead
- Bladder scanning
- Understanding of how to motivate and work effectively with others.
- To have organisational skills such as delegation, prioritisation and negotiation
- Able to see patients within required timeframe
- Car driver with clean current licence and access to a vehicle to use for work
- Experience of clinical audit.
- Understanding of Research & Development.
- An understanding of Change Management.
- Specialist assessments such as Continence assessments, Digital Rectal examination etc.
- Point of care testing – I-Stat
We are passionate about caring for our service users, and their family and friends, as well as the wellbeing of our colleagues. That's why we encourage all colleagues to take up the offer of the Coronavirus vaccination.
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point, applicants from outside the NHS will receive the start point of the salary scale in line with NHS terms & conditions.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme.
Bromley Healthcare is fully committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, in a work environment where all colleagues feel supported, nurtured and celebrated. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. At Bromley Healthcare, diversity and inclusion is one of the key strands of our People Strategy, and we are fully committed to promoting diversity in all we do to make real and lasting change.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion /belief, sexual orientation or age. We are especially keen to increase Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) representation across Bromley Healthcare, especially at senior levels.
We look forward to welcoming you to a rewarding career with Bromley Healthcare.
All offers of new employment with Bromley Healthcare are subject to a six month probation period
Bromley Healthcare CIC is an NHS community provider and part of the NHS family.
But we are a little different; we like to think that we stand out from typical NHS organisations as Bromley Healthcare CIC is actually a co-owned social enterprise, co-owned by its employees. This means that our staff remain on NHS Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions and are members of the NHS pension scheme (providing you are eligible), if not we can offer the Nest or Scottish Widows pension schemes.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form.
- As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
- When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
- All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly.
- The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that information in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.
Employer certification / accreditation badges Applicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download