We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
As part of CT&I's Group Content Services, we are seeking a Technical Specialist. You'll report into the Content Management and Quality Control Management team who have operational responsibility for the standard onboarding, receipt, validation and quality control of our acquired and commissioned content to Sky UK customer facing platforms.
Collaborating seamlessly with the Content Management and Quality Control Team, and the other Technical Specialists within Content Services and the wider business, you'll play a pivotal role in pursuing innovation within your domain. Partnering with key stakeholders across Content, Product, and CT&I, you will be one of the driving forces behind meeting our objectives for both on our customers and stakeholders!
What you'll do
- With a high degree of initiative and self-motivation, ensure Operations continue to focus on efficiency without compromising on accuracy, to enhance the overall content assessment process
- Serve as a bridge between technical and operational teams, fostering clear communication channels to ensure a shared understanding of quality standards and project requirements
- Support operational teams who come across technical issues with content, and where beneficial, help operations and content suppliers identify and resolve issues found
- Assist with production queries, ensuring adherence to broadcast standards and identifying any anomalies or imperfections
- Working alongside internal and external engineering teams to maintain and enhance the effectiveness of our Auto QC tools
- Collaborate with your leadership group to define and develop key performance indicators (KPI's), establishing measurable benchmarks to assess and enhance content quality.
- Utilise data analysis tools and methodologies to interpret quality control metrics, providing actionable insights that contribute to continuous improvement and informed decision making
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of comprehensive documentation related to our quality control processes, ensuring clarity, accessibility, and compliance with industry standards
- Using multiple sources of information including professional publications and posts maintain up-to-date knowledge of audio and video standards, production workflows and cameras, as well as consumer viewing technology
- Help foster a culture of continuous learning by mentoring operators in developing a deep technical mindset, providing guidance on industry best practices, and supporting their professional growth
What you'll bring
Team overviewContent technology and innovation
- A passion for the technical aspects of what makes great content, from the codecs used to the creative elements cherished by content creators and customers
- Demonstrable experience in content operation roles within broadcasting or distribution, showcasing a commitment to ensuring top-tier content delivery
- Up-to-date knowledge of broadcast technology, developments and techniques including Artificial Intelligence, reflecting a dedication to staying at the forefront of industry developments
- Familiarity with file-based cloud workflows, with an understanding of how these can enhance efficiency in content workflows
- Possess a keen awareness of business and industry dynamics, recognising the broader context in which content operations play a pivotal role
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to adeptly problem-solve within content workflows, ensuring a seamless and high-quality content creation process
- Display the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in teams, conducting thorough research, testing methodologies, and succinctly communicating these findings to a broad group of stakeholders
- Deliver a level of data literacy, with a proven track record of successfully using analytics to inform management decisions and contribute to strategic planning
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content!The rewards
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
Inclusion & how you'll work
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.Your office space Osterley
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.