We need a Governance and Secretariat Lead to join a major new infrastructure programme at AWE.
Apply on our careers site NOW!
Location: Hybrid and flexible working, with our offices based in Berkshire between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury with onsite parking and public transport services.
Salary: Starts at £55,000 however, this is VERY MUCH open for upwards negotiation for the right candidate.
The Programme Governance & Secretariat Lead will be responsible for managing the coordination of the new Programme governance forums in line with their agreed Terms of Reference and meeting cadence. This is a new role and will report to the Programme General Counsel.
What's exciting is:
You will be joining the business at a once in a lifetime moment as we begin a large and complex infrastructure programme which will be delivered within the current nuclear regulatory regime.
A typical day for a Governance and Secretariat Lead could look like this:
- Co-ordinating all Programme Executive Committee and Sub-Committee meetings.
- Managing the Programme Executive Committee and Sub-Committee documentation including agreeing the agendas with the Chair of each meeting, compiling reporting packs, and drafting meeting minutes.
- Distributing actions arising from Programme Executive Committee and Sub-Committee meetings and working with colleagues to maintain a good pace of delivery of these outcomes.
- Overseeing the record keeping of Programme Executive Committee and Sub-Committee meeting documentation in accordance with record management policies.
- Promoting best practice in decision making and continuous improvement of the Programme's governance ecosystem.
- Liaising with the Company Secretary of AWE plc to ensure appropriate information flow to the AWE plc Board and Executive Committee.
- Building strong relationships with senior stakeholders and being a trusted and respected member of the Programme team.
We would like you to demonstrate or have experience of:
- Running governance meetings involving senior stakeholders.
- Working within a highly regulated environment.
- Experience of working on a complex infrastructure programme is key
An ideal Governance and Secretariat Lead will need to demonstrate:
- A well-organised, proactive, flexible, and forward-thinking mindset.
- The ability to engage and influence effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team within a matrix organisational structure.
- Good attention to detail.
It's an exciting time to be working at AWE, and we have been voted one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK again this year. So, when you work with us, you can take advantage of a great package of benefits and development opportunities on top of your salary including:
You can find out more about our benefits HERE
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter highlighting any relevant skills and experience for this job, giving us a clear view of what you can bring to the role and also why you want to work with the team here at AWE.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Security/ Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by the AWE) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
The successful candidate is required to carry out all their duties from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Important things you need to know:
- Interviews will be scheduled for 90 minutes during working hours
- Second interviews will be on site at Aldermaston and will be an informal conversation to discuss the role and for you to get a feel for being on site and understand the role expectations
If we receive an exceptionally high level of applications, this vacancy may close early. So don't procrastinate, refresh your CV and covering letter and apply now!
For more information about the role or the recruitment process, get in touch with me (Sunflower) at:
(Sorry agencies - we don't outsource our roles)