Summary of Role
Our fast and busy Infrastructure & Cloud Services - Operations team is recruiting a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who has impressive technical knowledge, project management skills and a talent for solving problems. You will be responsible for carrying out operational activities supporting Next’s IT infrastructure, predominantly based at Next's Head Office in Leicester but occasionally required to work in and around other UK based sites.
Please note that the interview process may consist of a technical test and an 2nd interview.
About the role
The Infrastructure & Cloud Services Operations team are responsible for a wide range of technologies used within our head office by our staff. Be it our cloud collaboration tool Google Workspace, used for email and document sharing or Citrix for Virtual Apps and Desktops, you will play a prominent role in ensuring these key services stay optimally working - “keeping the lights on” as well as help remediate any technical problems that are escalated to you. You would also look for ways to improve these tools in order to maximise end user experience.
Responsibilities Also Include:
- Incident \ Request Management – Resolve all tickets assigned to our team in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Change Management – Raise requests for change to carry out routine maintenance, best practice changes, software updates, configuration changes etc.
- Proactive Monitoring – Ensure we are aware of any issues that affect our users before they do and resolve them.
- Proactive Maintenance – Devise & implement maintenance processes that will help reduce systems \ services downtime.
- Proactive System Upgrades & Refresh Strategy - In line with vendor recommendations, keep our core systems up to date and optimally configured along with creating a roadmap to continuously improve the services on offer.
- Capacity Management - ensure our systems are performing sufficiently to meet our current needs along with any upcoming requirements including growth.
- Project Support – Collaborate with other IT teams for the delivery of new projects and technologies.
- Technical Documentation – Maintain all documentation for our systems ensuring they are up to date, incorporating standard processes, maintenance and DR.
The Infrastructure & Cloud Services Operations team operates a weekly shift rota. In addition they will take part in an out of hour’s callout rota supporting the business. Overtime and flexibility of shift changes are expected as many systems can only be installed or changed outside of normal business hours. Extended cover will be required to cover peak periods.
- Talent for solving problems
- Ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload
- Proven 3rd line support experience
- Clean Driving Licence
- A strong technical background and knowledge in:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Google Workspace
- Exposure to any Cloud Technology
- VMware \ Hyper V
- Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop
- Citrix Netscaler
- Microsoft Exchange
- Backup & Recovery Solutions
- Monitoring Tools (Dynatrace, SCOM)
- Managed File Transfer Solutions (Globalscape)
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
We aim to support all candidates during the application process and are happy to provide workplace adjustments when necessary. Should you need support with your application due to a disability or long-term condition, feel free to get in touch with us by email [email protected] (please include 'Workplace Adjustments' in the subject line), or call us on 0116 284 2486 and leave a voicemail.