Wednesday 13 December 2023Salary Range
£66,861 - £74,290We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
.Job Description JOB TITLE: Lead Quality Engineer SALARY: £66,861 to £80,000
HOURS: Full Time WORKING PATTERN:
Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites. About this Opportunity
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain Prosper. And as the UK's largest digital, retail and commercial bank our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers and communities. You’ll be involved in:
A Quality Engineer drives quality throughout the change lifecycle working in a cross-disciplinary team as a Test Lead with hands-on contribution to automation testing. Undertakes & manages testing of more complex code changes across multiple types of testing to deliver products that are fit for purpose and meet the quality standards that our customers
expect, based on deep domain and technical expertise in hands-on test automation to modernise
Understands the importance of testing and the Quality Framework within LBG and educates other change disciplines to improve testing and Quality Engineering people capability
within the banking group. Looks to automate testing where appropriate, updating and streamlining the test automation framework & coding standards deployed within the team, review the test code, development code to give feedback in improving the cycle time, conduct& participate in hackathons, conferences to rectify tech challenges in testing, write internal articles about best practices and recognise QEs within the lab. For this role you will need:
Why Lloyds Banking Group?
- Solid QE hands-on experience in automation hands-on experience in shift left engineering using latest cutting-edge technology earlier in the life cycle and set code review best practices on BDD scripts in both desktop applications and mobile applications.
- Must have a deep understanding of Java-script/ NodeJS / BDD Best Practices or alternatively strong hands-on with Java programming and capable of building the test framework from scratch
- Strong experience in API testing, Cypress, Appium,webdriverIO, gulp, cucumber, and API automation solutions such as SOAP UI, Apickli are desirable (must) -alternative is to have similar experience in automation tools of mobile devices in other programming languages
- At least one mobile cloud tool testing experience is essential such as perfecto,headspin or saucelabs (must)
- Advanced level in DevOps tooling for execution of automation tests such as Jenkins, GIT, Gerrit
We’re on an exciting journey and there couldn’t be a better time to join us. The investments we’re making in our people, data, and technology are leading to innovative projects, fresh possibilities, and countless new ways for our people to work, learn, and thrive. About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- Any generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.