Partnerships Manager (Cover: 12 months)
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
*This is a 12 month parental leave cover role*
This role is based in Manchester and does require a local home-base for successful hybrid working, and local collaboration with your team and internal customers.
Need more flexibility in your work week? We are happy to consider flexible hours, part-time, and reduced working week opportunities*
About the company:
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To tackle for some of the most sophisticated challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s allure and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
This role supports the achievement of commercial, customer and partner objectives for specified destinations and/or customer origin markets. Additionally, the role involves acting as a deputy for manager in partner meetings, cross departmental and team meetings.
Role and responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop the Market/Destination strategies to agreed calendar working with our supply partners and all relevant areas of the business
- Input into QPR process to make sure initiatives are clearly articulated and confidence levels realistic
- Input into collation of budgets and track performance (destination and initiatives) highlighting and raising risks
- Work to define the partner plans on volume and margin delivery
Delivering the Numbers
- Track performance to targets for area (inc COO) ensuring best rates and competitiveness and liaising with supply manager where there are issues
- Translate the needs of the partner into the promotional calendar and track efficiency
- Support preparation of reports for trading reviews and deliver the findings for area of responsibility to manager and senior managers
- Supervise how display is impacting partner performance and to drive concerns into solutions when relationship at risk
- Supervise rates in market to ensure we have fair and driven rates and commissions
- Track performance to ensure rebates are optimised
- Maintain professional partner relationships in a way that reflect our company values and behaviours , taking lead on agenda items for face to face meetings and calls
- Support Supply manager on overseas trips and trade shows with meetings , preparation and follow up of actions
- Support preparation and delivery of elements of the partner QBRs attending meetings and contributing for area of responsibility
- Support development of multinational relationships as relevant for markets
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships across the business with all key internal departments and take the lead on initiatives that help improve ways of working across our key internal departments
Customer and Quality
- Monitor NPS and action planning to drive improvements to customer experience.
- Work alongside Customer Service leads to support any critical issue to supply partners where customer cases are not been handled according to SLA
- Track competitor product offering ensuring we have attractive products that match customer preferences. Raise concerns where we may be at a disadvantage
- Work with Partner Proposition and Product teams to help deliver market leading car products that support our strive for frictionless journey
- Support implementation of department and business improvement projects as well as act as a representative of the department on business improvement initiatives
Finance, Contracting and Compliance
- Ensure that rate queries are negotiated and resolved with supply partners according to the accurate department processes and SLAs
- Ensuring weekly audit of margin and price exceptions are run according to compliance SLAs and raise when needed
Team work and personal development
- Work as part of a team to deliver objectives and act as a role model for ethics, behaviours and company values
- Take ownership for own development with preparation for 121s and PDPs and participation in courses that support development needs
- Support development of existing team and new starters to train and engage in team and department
- 3-4 years' of experirence as a partnerships/account manager.
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness
- Tenacity to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Confident and analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with internal teams and departments and also with external suppliers
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as work independently
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook with an enthusiastic approach work
- Effective organisation and time management skills
Benefits & Perks:
Booking.com’s Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards are aimed to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer—all the messy, beautiful, and joyful bits—on your terms. So you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country)
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly Booking.com wallet credit
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
*Please note that while our philosophy is the same in every location, benefits may differ by office/country. More details on the benefits and perks offered by the company can be found here.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at Booking.com:
Directly linked to our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: “At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just build a unique workplace, it also crafts a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech.”
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.