Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here. Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of. Who We Are...
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive. Overall Purpose of the Role
A great opportunity for a team player with enthusiasm and passion for kid’s content to join the UK kids Presentation team and work across the Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Cartoonito channels.
Responsible for creating the daily linear Presentation schedules. This is a critical role for the smooth‐running of the UK kids channels.
The candidate will work closely with the programming, production, creative, digital, S&P and ops teams to ensure the efficient flow of content to the linear channels.Areas of Responsibility
Areas of Accountability
- Build the daily schedules in What’s On, in line with ratings and marketing objectives, following editorial strategies and research results (ratings reports, competition analysis, qualitative research)
- Define promo versions and durations in the production makelist, according to presentation needs. Manage all the process of material delivery, from the entries in the database to the sending to Play Out.
- Collaborate with Programming on linear/non-linear coordinated scheduling and launch strategy for new series, seasons and programming stunts.
- Play a central role in coordinating information with production, creative, S&P and digital teams. Coordinate with Play Out to ensure a correct flow of the linear channels on air and a correct production and delivery of the promos/interstitial material.
- A key player in working on projects that impact the department, including channel rebrands, playout migrations and system training/updates.
- Ensure relevant regulations are met, including all OFCOM requirements.
- Be ready to quickly intervene on the schedules in case of schedule changes.
Where applicable, provide information about the size of the organization managed, operating budget, revenue accountability, number of employees or other quantitative data pertinent to this position.Selection Criteria
- A passion and knowledge of kids programming and experience working in Presentation role.
- A professional understanding of the TV Presentation process.
- Educated to A‐level Standard
- Computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, outlook)
- Experience using a broadcast scheduling system (What’s On)
- Iterative and flexible with priorities
- Promote a constant state of reinvention
- Build teams that thrive on innovation
- Grow and nurture team members with an emphasis on succession
- Design strategic and actionable plans
- Lead teams that deliver results
- Drive performance with actionable feedback
- Trust and empower their teams to deliver
- Maverick spirit that take initiative and embraces risk
- Encourage bold decision-making and hiring
- Create an environment for creative thinking
- Challenge their tams to focus on priorities and encourage shedding of non-essential work
How We Get Things Done...
- Break down silos and build partnerships
- Seek diverse perspectives
- Think and act globally
- Make proactive communications a priority
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at [email protected]