Sunday 17 December 2023Salary Range
£0 - £0We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
.Job DescriptionJOB TITLE:
Head of Social SustainabilityLOCATIONS:
Bristol / Edinburgh / London / FlexibleHOURS:
Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites About This Opportunity
Here in Business and Commercial Banking we're on an exciting journey with significant investment to transform the customer experience and digitise our offering. We're looking for the right person to lead our Social Sustainability team, someone who will help us ensure purpose is at the heart of our customer proposition!
Does working with internal and external partners to leverage data and insight to develop customer centric strategies and programmes sound exciting? If yes, then this role could be for you!
The successful colleague will bring innovation, a passion for the subject and energy to make a tangible difference for our customers. Ideally, you’ll also have deep expertise in this agenda, and using your thought leadership we’ll be able to build the business of tomorrow and continue delivering on some of the brilliant initiatives already underway.Purpose of the role
You'll be leading an enthusiastic team of ~14 people, where the main areas of responsibility are:
Why Lloyds Banking Group
- To collaborate with others from across the business and externally to build a roadmap of activities, articulate our goals and measure our impact.
- Build the strategy for our Social Sustainability agenda.
- Deliver a number of programmes aligned to this agenda including in the Regional Development, Productivity & Skills and Inclusive Business space.
- Provide expertise, and participate in key forums, both internally and externally to enhance impact and influence the landscape of support for customers.
- Lead a team of highly motivated colleagues, retaining a growth mindset and positive culture with high levels of colleague engagement.
Like the modern Britain we serve, we’re evolving. Investing billions in our people, data and tech to transform the way we meet the ever-changing needs of our 26 million customers. We’re growing with purpose. Join us on our journey and you will too... What You’ll Need Key skills and capabilities:
About Working For Us
- Strong experience in a Social Sustainability role or something very similar.
- The role involves working regularly with GEC and Executive Committee leaders, along with frequent exposure to external industry groups, coalitions, and political stakeholders. Organisational influence is essential to success in the role, as many of the deliverables are cross-Group in nature and impact.
- Balances partners to ensure decisions are informed by the impact on the Group, customers and society
- Has a strategic mindset
- Can build trust amongst colleagues and external partners to drive the delivery of intended outcomes
- Showcases collaborative leadership, working closely with others to support our collective purpose
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know. We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
This is a once in a career opportunity to help shape your future as well as ours.Join us and grow with purpose.At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.