Job Description - Principal Engineer - Domain Cluster Support (Product Safety & Product Environmental) (00103515)
Principal Engineer - Domain Cluster Support (Product Safety & Product Environmental)-00103515
Job Title: Principal Capability Engineer
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary - £43,373 - £71,666
What you'll be doing:
· Working with specialist engineering teams to develop resource solutions, SQEP assessments and training and development intervention requirements
· Regularly engaging with stakeholders within the product safety product environmental domain
· Providing regular updates on specialist engineering capability programmes
· Gathering information from specialist engineering teams to identify areas of strategic and tactical risk
· Production of capability management plans to ensure engineering capability is sustained and developed in line with programme requirements
Your skills and experiences:
· STEM degree or equivalent experience (i.e Safety or Environmental field / Capability Management)
· Chartered status or evidence of working towards Chartership
· Strong stakeholder management skills and experience
· Experience working within a large engineering company
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Capability Engineering Team:
As a Principal Capability Engineer, you will work within the specialist engineering team to develop strategic capability plans for the sustained capability of the product safety and product environmental domain.
The purpose of the engineering domains team is to ensure that appropriate resource, SQEP personnel, processes and toolsets are in place to enable programme delivery, offering support to the programmes team. The role will include liaising with the senior management of the organisation to ensure we meet the demands of delivering our products to the customer
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.