We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky. What you'll do
This role is created to provide technology leadership in Network Strategy and Architecture Systems domain covering Automation and Orchestration, Inventory, Fault and Performance Management for Broadband, Voice & Mobile Services
What you'll bring
- Provide Technical Leadership to the teams in Sky Group Network Automation and Intelligence, Network Services, Service Automation, Service Management & Service Transformation for Projects, and Long-term critical initiatives within Sky Telecom
- Identify gaps and improvements to the system technology stack used to manage and operate the network while ensuring it harmonizes with existing systems
- Formulate and be responsible for the roadmap for the system technology stack used to manage and operate the network in collaboration with delivery teams
- Technical engagement with Vendors to understand their Roadmap and provide inputs into it based on Sky's evolution of the Telco Services and OSS Platform Requirements
- Lead RFP's, TPOC's for differentiating strengths and weaknesses of vendor solutions.
- Assess the availability and viability of third-party components and services required for the solution
- Offer TDA support for various Squads providing technology direction and day to day technical leadership.
- Author solution designs, RFP artefacts and presentations
Team overviewGroup Communications & Infrastructure
- Solid experience of delivering Architecture for Network Automation Orchestration for IP Core and Mobile Core along with Telco OSS software (Inventory, Fault and Performance Management)
- Understanding of Telecom Broadband, Mobile and Voice Core Networks to be able to have the right conversation with the subject matter experts in these domains when formulating the architecture for the system technology stack, Fault, Performance, and Inventory Management solutions to manage and operate the network.
- Understanding of ITSM Processes in context of Broadband, Voice and Mobile services provided by a Telecom network.
- Strong background in solution architecture preferably with leading telecom companies or in Telecom vertical of tier-1 IT services companies
- Ability to articulate the value of the solution and technical capabilities to Senior stakeholders (Directors, Head Ofs)
- Knowledge of Telecom industry standard methodologies, future trends, and design patterns
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication and Presentation Skills
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that designs, builds, supports and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.The rewards
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
Inclusion & how you'll work
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate!
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.Your office space Brick Lane
Brick Lane is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops. The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10 minute walk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.