We are looking for a talented Test Manager to join our internal testing team, based in our HQ in London.
The successful candidate will be looking after all test activities for Knight Frank’s external and internal property and contact management web applications and ensuring the correct quality gates are passed by all releases.
You will be responsible for ensuring the test strategy is adhered to by all projects, ensuring the right resources are allocated and a high standard quality gate is in place with functional and non-functional manual and automated testing to releases.
You must be able to create test strategy, test approach, QA practices documentation and constantly aim to improve our ways of working.
As a Test Manager, within the Knight Frank IT Department, you will focus primarily on managing the test team’s deliverables and enforcing QA standards. You will be central to ensuring the ongoing successful development of Knight Frank’s high profile and business critical web, mobile and business application developments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring testers are correctly analysing user story requirements and acceptance criteria and providing test estimates and reviews in an agile environment.
- Contributing to test management, test improvement, PI planning, Software Engineering leadership and other meetings.
- Conduct test planning for new projects to ensure a smooth setup and test plan is in place.
- Grow the internal KF test team to form a test entity aimed to support all KF projects as an internal consulting service.
- Collaborate with the Head of Software Engineering and other SE Managers to deliver improvement changes.
- Manage existing project test deliverables and ensure the test strategy and test contracts are met.
- Obtain updates from test leads to understand progress over test delivery.
- Promote the growth of tester’s career by assigning the correct training material and projects opportunities to reach the next career level.
- Ensure the right level of quality gates are set for all releases and challenge delivery using defect management processes and test reports to highlight critical defects.
- Conducting code reviews for test automation code when an expert level view and guidance is required. This includes UI Selenium Automation, Performance, Load, Accessibility, Mobile and Security testing.
- Provide the test team with the right tools to be able to deliver functional and non-functional manual and automation testing.
- Ensure the DevOps CI/CD pipeline and branching strategy provide the necessary functionalities to deliver testing.
- Be a trusted advisor for test planning and problem solving.
- Delegate test improvement tasks to testers and monitor progress.
- Complete all relevant training set in career objective discussions with Head of Software Engineering.
- Providing clear regular updates to Head of Software Engineering regarding test delivery, challenges and improvement items.
- Professional experience, qualifications, and personal skills profile
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or STEM degree with substantial software development content.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or similar is desired but not essential.
- Right to live and work in the UK.
- Around +5 years experience software testing including automation test experience.
- Around +2 years experience managing a test team.
- Ability to lead, grow, support peer testers in test delivery activities in an agile environment.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming fundamentals, software test principles and software development lifecycle.
- Strong experience of functional manual testing following good practices.
- Strong experience in UI Automation Testing with Selenium.
- Working knowledge of GIT commands and branching for automation test code.
- Ability to conduct code reviews for automation test code.
- Ability to analyse test reports and investigate test failures.
- Experience in API testing using tools such as Postman, SoapUI, RestSharp.
- Good understanding of performance and load testing principles.
- Good understanding of web technologies (such as .NET, HTML etc.)
- Good understanding of Accessibility/Security/Mobile testing fundamentals.
- Knowledge of C# is desirable but not essential.
- Person Specification – Personal Attributes and Skills
- Ability to lead, unblock and support testers and other stakeholders across projects.
- Passionate to improving existing ways of working.
- Systematic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly provide updates, blockers regarding test activities.
- Highly organised, systematic and adaptable, with an excellent attention to detail, with the ability to recognise the relative importance of software issues and to prioritise work effectively.
- Ability to work with all members of a software project development team and customers, in a professional and yet dynamic and creative environment, fostering an open, friendly and constructive working relationship with all members of the Knight Frank team.