UX Design Lead
To lead the UX design across our client facing websites.
About the Role
We are a firm of exceptional advisors, working across the globe, in partnership with our customers and clients to deliver them a lifetime of value. Our customers, clients and advisors need to be supported by the very best in customer and client facing digital products.
Knight Frank is looking for a ‘Head of UX Design’ who will create a best practice UX research and design process ensuring user journeys are mapped and deliver effortless experiences as well as making sure accessibility and usability are key elements of our user centred design thinking.
You will be working across a global web estate, putting in place UX principles and UX/UI best practice to ensure all our customers receive an outstanding Knight Frank experience. You will be customer obsessed, inputting into and championing the CX.
As a federated business each one of our territories and divisions will need bespoke activity delivered to help them be successful in their markets. You will need to support them achieve their ambitions, operating to a clear set of principles.
You will be a highly motivated and patient individual, who understands the need to focus on quick wins initially, moving to bigger, more impactful, changes as you establish credibility in the organisation.
• Create and own the UX design process including UX research, design validation and UI designs.
• Support the Product teams to identify customer needs and pain points in the user journeys to drive continuous improvement.
• Work with our partner agencies to deliver an outstanding user experience.
• Collaborate with product management and software engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction.
• Responsible for the execution of all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to Sprint teams
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
• Conduct user research and design validation and evaluate user feedback.
• Maintain and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
• Drive design best practice across all client web user journeys and ensure a user centred design approach.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
• Leading UX design, UX research and UI design.
• Working within a matrix environment using resources from other teams including third party agencies
• Strong design thinking and agile delivery process with an excellent design portfolio.
• Demonstratable experience of delivering large UX projects across websites/ web apps.
• Proficient in creating journey maps, wireframes, storyboards, user flows and site maps.
• Identifying existing UX challenges and delivering targeted and strategic improvements
• Influencing senior stakeholders on UX best practice and user centred design.
• Excellent knowledge of web usability and accessibility and applying to best-in-class web designs.
• Agile and have worked with development teams of different disciplines. You should be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
• Communicate effectively – both written and oral.
• Manage demand and create doable resource plans and workflow – that combine internal and 3rd party resources and appropriate workflow tools.
• Prioritise and organise – managing successfully across multiple projects and parallel demands on time.
Job title: UX Design lead
Working hours: Full time
Reports to: Head of Client Digital Product
Primary office location: Baker Street, London
Contract type: Permanent
Eligible for dynamic working: Yes
Career Framework position: Associate