We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, Sky Q to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
As a Senior Scrum Master within the UK&I Technology Software Engineering area, you'll be leading our ambitions to scale our teams and maximise the value delivered to our customers. Working across a multi-team, fast-paced environment you will drive forward and help grow our maturity in becoming a more agile and adaptive organisation.
What you'll do:
- Coaching, mentoring and line management of other Scrum Masters
- Coaching, mentoring and developing multiple Scrum Teams to high performance and ensuring effective cross collaboration in a scaled Agile environment
- Ensures consistency, quality and shared ownership and approach across Scrum Teams, including third-party teams
- Organise and facilitate multi-team events and ensures regular synchronisation across teams
- Escalate and track cross-team impediments and ensure continuous improvement through regular retrospective workshops and improvement focus groups
- Identify areas and opportunities for wider department level continuous improvement and ensures that the everyone is aware of the success of improvement efforts through the utilisation of metrics and story telling
- Manage and optimize the flow of value using various tools, such as value stream mapping, Kanban workflow and by improving and assessing the practices associated with modern software engineering practices
What you'll bring:
- Good understanding of Agile Scaling frameworks
- Track record of success as a Scrum Master in a complex environment
- Demonstration of experience participating and leading on wider department improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead and influence others and get the best out of people
- Demonstration of empathy and a pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving
- Energy, resilience, and perseverance to not accept the status quo and inspire a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to build trust with senior stakeholders and leadership
- Previous Line Management experience, or aspirations
Ground-breaking projects. Innovative tech. Top innovation. Join our UK&I Technology team and you'll work across technology projects that drive our TV, broadband, mobile and Sky Connect services. You'll be at the heart of delivering the technology roadmaps that support our UK and Ireland businesses, with a focus on customer innovations for Sky Glass. That's not all. You'll also design, develop and deliver digital services for millions of customers across the UK.
keep our customers entertained. From UX and UI to product strategy and hardware engineering, we bring new devices like Sky Glass and NOW to life at top speed and support them throughout the lifecycle.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here's a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work:
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We've embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You'll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space:
Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym - or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It's a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn't stop at what we do, it's how we do it, too. We embrace each other's differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we'll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.