Business area: Nespresso Job Title: Senior Barista
Location: The Nespresso Bar, Old Broad Street
Salary up to £27,500, plus potential bonus, excellent benefits, Nespresso coffee machine and monthly allowance of capsules
Although this is a full time permanent opportunity, please speak to us about what flexibility means to you as we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs, don’t let this stop you from applying.
We are proud of the Nespresso Boutique experience that we already deliver to you, and now delighted to launch The Nespresso Bar to offer that memorable experience in a different coffee moment.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Barista to join our team. As a Senior Barista, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional coffee experiences to our customers, ensuring the highest quality of coffee preparation, and providing excellent customer service. You will also assist in training and mentoring baristas to maintain our high standards and be a true brand ambassador.
A little bit about us
We are the Nestlé Nespresso SA Company and are proud to be one of the fastest growing operating units of Nestlé. Our passionate, entrepreneurial-minded team has transformed Nespresso into one of the world’s most trusted brands. Our growth comes from our commitment to research and development to pioneer and be the reference in the portioned coffee sector; providing the very highest quality coffees that can be enjoyed in the comfort of consumers' own homes and out-of-home locations, such as restaurants, hotels, offices and luxury retail businesses. We guarantee quality by taking a careful, thoughtful, and sustainable approach to how we produce and market our premium coffee capsules and machines.
From sourcing through to recycling, sustainability is at the core of Nespresso’s business. Nespresso sources over 93% of its coffee through its AAA Sustainable Quality™ Program, with almost half also certified with Rainforest Alliance or Fairtrade. Nespresso capsules are created from aluminum, an infinitely recyclable material that is recirculated into the aluminum supply chain.
With corporate headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland, Nespresso is present in over 81 countries and counts over 13,000 employees worldwide. Nespresso UK&ROI – a certified B Corp™ – operates 32 boutiques, as well as an e-Commerce platform, delivering barista-level coffee experiences of the highest quality to both at-home and professional customers across the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. To learn more visit www.nespresso.com.
A day in the life of a Senior Barista…
The Senior Barista will be a key support to the Nespresso Bar Leader with day-to-day management activities and deputise for the manager as necessary. This role will also include:
- Welcoming, advising, and serving customers with a best-in-class standard of service - constantly recognising the need to adapt type of service as appropriate to the customer and time of day.
- Ensuring the completion of all safety checks to maintain and ensure full compliance.
- Drives and contributes to The Nespresso Bar KPIs and through the mentorship of Barista's, with care and cultivation.
- Provide exceptional customer service, engaging with customers to understand their preferences and recommend suitable coffee options.
- Actively uses our task management software, to complete operational tasks and cascade information to colleagues.
- Is an ambassador and holds expert knowledge of Nespresso’s products, services, and sustainability commitments, continuously learns, and leverages new knowledge and skills in own work.
What will make you successful?
To be successful in this role, whilst experience as a supervisor in a coffee and customer facing environment is beneficial, the passion for elevating a customer’s experience when they enter The Nespresso Coffee Bar is what is key to this role.
Experience of driving and motivating a small team, thinking outside the box to discover new and creative ways to keep teams motivated and engaged.
You will also:
- Have a proven track record of delivering results in a target based environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective coaching and providing feedback.
- Experience in stepping up to be the most responsible in a single site environment (in the absence of a site manager).
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect. When we embrace diversity and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. People of all gender identities, ethnically diverse individuals, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the application process, please let us know. We take pride in championing inclusion and diversity, our people make up a number of Colleague Networks who represent different experiences and communities who hold us accountable in creating a sense of belonging for all, and our values create the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution you bring. Find out more about our Colleague Networks here: Diversity, equity and inclusion | Nestlé (nestle.co.uk)
We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!