European Union Fundraising Manager
These are exciting times for the charity and we have an excellent opportunity for a proactive and professional Fundraising Manager with outstanding interpersonal, communication and organisational skills to join the busy Individual Giving Team, in this remote working role
Position: 1543 European Union Fundraising Manager
Location: Remote (We are happy to accept applications from those based in The United Kingdom, The Republic of Ireland or those with access to the offices in Europe. The working pattern for this role will combine onsite and home working under our guiding principles for such roles, with onsite attendance currently anticipated to be 1 day per month)
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, 08.30-16.30, Monday-Friday
Salary: £40,429 (if based in the UK) Remuneration currency and benefits will be as appropriate for the country of residence of the post-holder.
Contract: 2-year fixed term contract starting as soon as possible
Closing Date: Sunday 14th January 2024
Interviews: Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams during the week of Monday 29th January 2024.
As European Union Fundraising Manager, you will provide leadership to the European team members, initially integrating existing fundraising activity from the Italy, Spain, Cyprus and Ireland subsidiaries into the wider team. You will establish a roadmap and campaign delivery for the activity strategically selected for growth, establishing a best practice approach for taking GB campaigns and overlaying them to an EU audience. You will also be the daily contact for the Netherlands direct marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering, evaluating, and improving acquisition activity and integrated donor journeys on channels such as online, post and social for EU donors.
- Assisting with the delivery of a content strategy for Ireland in collaboration with the Digital Team.
- Integrating the work of the in-country teams into the Individual Giving Team, taking existing successful acquisition and supporter development campaigns and tailoring them for an EU audience.
- Proactively identifying and delivering new fundraising and income growth opportunities, whilst being agile to changing market conditions and trends.
- Leading a test and learn strategy for supporter journeys and segmentations based on audience insights.
- Leading, training, coaching, and mentoring the European Union Fundraising Team, upskilling their knowledge and experience within key areas of delivery.
- Working closely and in partnership with the Sanctuary’s external agencies and suppliers to maximise opportunities for product development, innovation, integrated working, and cost-effectiveness.
Based at the Sanctuary in Sidmouth, Ireland, or at one of the European offices, this is a full-time, 2-year fixed term contract starting as soon as possible, working 35 hours per week, 08.30-16.30, Monday-Friday.
We are happy to accept applications from those based in The United Kingdom, The Republic of Ireland or those with access to our offices in Europe. The working pattern for this role will combine onsite and home working under the guiding principles for such roles, with onsite attendance currently anticipated to be 1 day per month.
As Fundraising Manager you will have experience managing, growing, and delivering multi-channel and multi-product acquisition and acquisition development programme along with significant fundraising experience covering several of the following areas: raffles, lottery, sponsorship, regular giving, reactivation, consent management, gift aid and cash giving (appeals), DRTV (Direct Response TV), digital, telephone and onsite fundraising, DM marketing, sponsorship programmes.
You will also have:
- Experience of delivering complex donor-centric supporter journeys and campaign performance management.
- A successful track record of leading, motivating, and inspiring marketing teams.
- Advanced and contemporary digital or direct marketing knowledge.
- Experience of managing and reforecasting budgets, and of conducting effective direct marketing analysis to support and enhance the performance of channels, products, and specific appeals.
- Able to multi-task and maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail whilst working with several conflicting demands and timescales.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide, working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
The organisation is a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Fundraising, Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Head of Fundraising, Fundraising Lead, Senior Fundraiser, Fundraising Marketing, Fundraising Communications.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.