Wednesday 13 December 2023Salary Range
£66,861 - £74,290We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s leading bank, with over 30 million customers. It is also the UK’s biggest digital bank, with over 18 million active online customers.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Designer to work on the chatbot for brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, and Bank of Scotland. You’ll be joining a team of Conversation Designers and be part of a Conversational Banking design squad.Job Description JOB TITLE:
Content Designer - Conversational Banking Lab SALARY:
£66,861 - £74,290 LOCATION:
Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, in the London office.About this opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced Content Designer to work on the chatbot for brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, and Bank of Scotland. You’ll be joining a team of Conversation Designers and be part of a Conversational Banking design squad.
Our team’s mission is to create a virtual assistant that’s able to have natural, contextual conversations, helping millions of customers with hundreds of banking queries. This is part of an ambitious transformation programme and a multi-channel approach to banking which is at the heart of our strategy to be the best bank for customers.
We’re looking for someone to help bring our chatbot conversations to life. You’ll be an expert on the copy, tone and personality of the virtual assistant that our customers rely on every single day.
Within the team, you’ll combine research and insights with clear people-focussed language. You’ll refine our chatbot conversations to help customers do what they need to do.
You’ll be comfortable giving and receiving feedback to key internal stakeholders across the business, and will work closely with product teams to create success metrics.
As a content designer, it’ll be your role to:
What you'll need
- Work with our Conversation Designers to create engaging, readable, accessible conversations that give our customers great experiences in the chatbot.
- Apply a layer of copywriting expertise to dialogues, ensuring they are consistent with our chatbot personality and tone of voice.
- Apply UX writing and behavioural science techniques to make our chatbot conversations concise, relevant, and helpful.
- Develop genuine empathy for people, understanding their needs, aspirations and challenges.
- Think strategically about how our conversations can evolve, and spot opportunities for where they link into other experiences.
- Share expertise to help shape the overall design approach.
- Provide consistency in the way we have conversations with customers across topics and touchpoints.
- Promote and demonstrate how effective writing helps customers.
About working for us
- Experience as a UX writer, conversation designer, or content designer.
- Familiarity working in a complex landscape - ideally financial services.
- A collaborative mindset ready to be a part of a busy multi-disciplinary team.
- Flexibility in writing on-brand content in multiple tones of voice.
- Confidence in writing concise, clear and consistent copy for different channels.
- The ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders across product, risk, legal and branding teams.
- Experience using and collaborating in Design platforms, such as Figma.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know. We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you're excited by this role, a pply today, we’d love to hear from you! Together we’ll make it possible!At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.