Saturday 23 December 2023Salary Range
£105,400 - £124,000We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
Senior Lawyer Secondment/Fixed Term Contract - Merchant Services -
Banking Products Legal (BCB & CIB Legal) We are looking for a senior lawyer to join the Banking Products team in Business and Commercial Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking Legal on a secondment/fixed term contract (12+ months). The successful candidate will be someone who delivers influential insight, engages proactively with business and functional colleagues and operates as a subject matter specialist. The role may also include delegated line management responsibilities.
Our brands, our services and our businesses span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK’s high streets. That gives us a big responsibility; to support the UK economy, with a clear mission to create a sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses - shaping finance as a force for good.Job Description
- JOB TITLE:Senior Lawyer - Merchant Services - 12 Month FTC
- LOCATIONS:Bristol, Edinburgh or London
- SALARY:£105,400 - £139,790 (may vary on location)
- HOURS:Full time
- WORKING PATTERN:Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site.
Banking Products Legal plays a critical role in supporting the Bank’s strategy. This role focuses on legal support for Merchant Services solutions provided to small businesses and larger corporate customers and public sector clients. We work closely with colleagues in Product, Coverage, our transformational
Platform teams and Delivery plus other functional support areas.
The products and services we support are merchant acquiring, payment getaways, partnerships, digital innovations including embedded finance payment methods and online digital channels. We support Lloyds Bank Cardnet and wider Merchant Services solutions. The merchant services business is going through a complete transformation with a programme of strategic growth so a really exciting time to be part of the legal team supporting this area.
Our team provides legal and advice support in relation to product development and innovation, legal and regulatory change projects, rectifications and remediations, industry change initiatives, customer on-boarding, end-to-end customer journeys and the management of legal risk, customer and third party contract negotiations.The place to be!
This is an opportunity to be part of a supportive team working on core and innovative products and helping to find legal solutions that support strategy. We like to challenge the way things are done and to help drive continuous improvement activity.
This role will require a good understanding of the legal, regulatory and industry framework applicable to payments and strong commercial contracts experience. You will be expected and encouraged to think strategically about the operation of the team and the way we use and deliver legal services including exploring legal tech solutions, our operating model and resource utilisation.In this role you will ...
Seeking a positive and versatile individual who can....
- negotiate with customers and suppliers in relation to customized arrangements;
- operate as a specialist legal adviser in relation to Merchant Services including providing legal input to support delivery of projects, innovation and product developments and rectifications;
- advise on and draft terms and conditions for new and existing products and services;
- support legal, regulatory and change projects across Business and Commercial Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking Legal and Legal & Secretariat;
- proactively identify, report and call out legal and governance risks and recommend solutions as required;
- advise on customer and colleague journey enhancements;
- build and maintain a strong stakeholder network to ensure there is a good understanding of business strategy and pipeline and use that knowledge to help prioritise team activity;
- manage use of panel law firms to build and maintain strong relationships with external lawyers;
- help run the team by monitoring our service delivery, finding opportunities to improve the way we work and training the team and our business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships across Legal & Secretariat and our business to support delivery of strategy;
- Be confident in using your experience and insights to influence, inform and challenge business stakeholders;
- Help identify, mitigate and control legal risk weakness;
- Manage your own workload priorities and support more junior colleagues to do the same;
- Stay on top of and share regulatory, industry and legal change with our team and business;
- Demonstrate commitment to self-development and the development of colleagues;
- Bring enthusiasm and curiosity to the role.
About working for us
- Qualified as a solicitor in the UK (or equivalent qualification) ideally with experience of payments services regulations; cards/card scheme and/or merchant services;
- Experience in developing and coaching others;
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
If you’re excited by the thought of becoming part of our team, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.