Job Title: Customer Service Advisor
Salary: £25,408 (including shift allowance) plus bonus potential up to £2k p/y post probation
Contract: Full time – permanent
Hours: 9 hours shift on a 24-hour contract
Shift Pattern: Rotating shift pattern covering 365 days of the year working 6 days on, 3 days off.
Want to be part of The Fast and The Curious?
Interested in getting involved in The Call Centre of Duty?
Take a chance on Game of Phones and apply here, to The AA Team.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere! If you’re the best at what you do, you work at The AA!
What will I be doing?
- Supporting our customers in a high-volume contact centre via telephone through their breakdown journey. You’ll be actively listening providing guidance with your warm and reassuring tone.
- Showing our customers, they’re valued by understanding their situation, keeping the conversation constructive
- Using detailed scripts to gather information from the call and apply logic to assess the best course of action
- Pushing for better by using resources available to offer the best customer service
- Maintaining composure whilst reassuring customers, providing safety advice and promptly sending support
- Retaining high volumes of call information whilst updating multiple IT systems accurately and swiftly
We’re looking for someone to become:
- A guardian: you’ll be supportive with the ability to remain warm and kind, even in the face of conflict
- A champion: you’ll make our customers feel respected and valued
- A problem solver: you’ll understand incoming information and make logical decisions quickly and efficiently
- A self-starter: you’ll be proactive taking pride and ownership in your work while working towards targets
- A composed operator: you’ll cope well in pressurised situations, maintaining resilience whilst managing setbacks effectively
- A multitasker: you’ll be able to retain and sort incoming information accurately and swiftly
What's in it for me?
As a valued AA recruit, you will be eligible to earn an discretionary quarterly bonus of up to £1,000 during your first years’ service on top of any month bonus schemes that are available within your department. As well as benefits including:
- £500 following the successful completion of the 6 months’ probation period and thereafter, up to £2k per year
- The opportunity to join and learn within a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
- 23 days annual leave, with the ability to buy holiday
- Free breakdown membership
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to great discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Discounts on AA products including car and home insurance
- Access to employee inclusivity awareness networks
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme and a 24/7 remote GP service for you and your family
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
The Recruitment Process
No CV, no problem!
We believe that you can be a great fit for this job based on your behaviours and natural abilities. Once you apply, you’ll receive a series of games to help us get to know you.
If you fit the behavioural profile to thrive within the role and environment, you will then be invited to attend a final stage interview which lasts approximately 60mins. You’ll meet with our friendly interviewers for a competency-based interview that contains a role play.
Once we’ve made you an offer and completed your pre-employment checks, you’ll receive your contract.
Training and going live on the phones!
Training will be conducted by our expert Academy team for up to 4 weeks followed by a period in our Grad Bay to get you fully confident in your role before joining your team.