FSCS is an organisation that makes a difference and where you can make a difference.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) helps people get back on track by protecting them when authorised financial services firms fail. We’re independent and cover all regulated financial services in the UK. Since our launch in 2001 we’ve come to the aid of millions of people and paid out billions in compensation.
We want everyone to feel they can thrive here, and we are proud to be an inclusive employer where everyone – including those balancing work and family life – is empowered to achieve their full personal and professional potential.
We fully recognise the importance of family friendly policies for enabling a truly inclusive environment and brilliant employee experience, and as part of this we:
• have a comprehensive wellbeing strategy in place to support our people
• offer a generous benefits package, and many of these can be extended to include family members
• offer extended paid dependents’ leave (up to 20 days per year) to support those with caring responsibilities
• offer enhanced maternity leave, including additional provision if babies are born prematurely
• are also proud to offer enhanced paternity leave of up to 20 weeks (this same enhanced parental leave is also available to same-sex couples where the employee is not the primary carer). You can read more about this and how it’s positively impacted our employees using the links below:
• fully embrace flexible working in all roles, and recently launched our Smarter Working campaign, actively empowering everyone to take ownership of how they structure their working days and weeks – Your Day, Your Way!
• maintain a strong focus on diversity and inclusion, including being signatory to the Women in Finance Charter and the Race at Work Charter. We are a menopause friendly employer, a Disability Confident Employer, a Mindful Employer, and Stonewall Diversity champions. We are also proud to be listed in the Times Top 50 Employers of Women, and 26th in the Inclusive Companies Top 50 (2021)!
• recently launched our Career Pathways structured development programme, designed to support employees in reaching their full potential and remove any potential barriers to progression
Here’s what our people have to say about working here…
Caroline has been FSCS CEO since 2019 and brings a wealth of global experience from a career spanning 30+ years within financial services. She is a working parent and a strong advocate for women at work. FSCS is a signatory of the Women in Finance Charter and aims to have a 50/50 split across its leadership by 2022. Caroline has already seen this achieved at Board level which is predominantly female for the first time in FSCS’s history.
Caroline says “FSCS is a really inclusive employer, whether you’re looking at it from the angle of age, gender, ethnicity or our approach to flexible working. Everybody who works for FSCS is valuable and we all bring something unique and different every day. Whether you’re a specialist or a generalist, whatever kind of life experience you have, you’re welcome at FSCS. The kind of person who thrives at FSCS is somebody who works in collaboration, who has a curious mind, and is motivated by doing the right thing for people each and every day!”