The Barclaycard everywoman awards for women in retail have launched.
The 2019 Barclaycard everywoman in Retail Awards programme is now open for nominations, including a new disruptor award in recognition of the pace of change in retail.
The awards recognise women in retail at all stages of their career journeys and aim to inspire a new generation of female talent to pursue a career in the sector.
The Disruptor Award recognises how high street stores are evolving to put more emphasis on the customer experience, including the physical connection to products that digital alone cannot offer.
Everywoman says the awards are keen to highlight women who are making a real difference in a creative, unconventional and pioneering way.
The categories for 2019 are:
· Entrepreneur Award, sponsored by Amazon – Awarded to an owner/ founder of a retail business that has been operating for 12 months or more, whose vision will inspire other women to start their own enterprise.
· Above & Beyond Award – Awarded to a woman at any stage of her career who has truly gone above and beyond her role to help drive the organisation’s success.
· Leader Award – Awarded to a woman whose significant contribution to the strategic and/or commercial direction of the business has increased productivity, innovation or employee engagement.
· Male Mentor Award, sponsored by Specsavers – Awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing or championing the career progression of women in retail through mentorship.
· Rising Star Award, sponsored by Tesco – Awarded to a woman aged under 25 who is excelling in her retail career, making a valuable contribution to her organisation.
· Customer Experience Award – Awarded to a woman who has been instrumental in improving or transforming the customer experience.
· Outstanding Influencer Award – Awarded to a woman whose voice or social media strategy has successfully influenced the customer both on and offline. There will be no nominations for this award – the winner will be selected in partnership with everywoman and Barclaycard.
· Disruptor Award – Awarded to a woman who is exceptionally creative within her role, in an unconventional and pioneering way.
Maxine Benson MBE, co-founder of everywoman, said: “The changing face of retail is allowing more women to flex their creative muscles and prove how their innovative thinking is contributing to the growth of the sector. everywoman, with Barclaycard, is on a mission to celebrate the women who show just how viable and fulfilling a career in retail is. Research continues to demonstrate the value of role models to inspire women in the workplace and we look forward to welcoming a new wave of talent who will be the pioneers of retail as we’ve never seen it before.”
*Entries are open until 13 May 2019 and winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in September. To nominate someone or yourself click here. Picture: last year’s winners.